10. House – With the new season of House underway, there is a lot to be thankful for. House may have detoxed, but he’s still an addict. Only now he will get his fix from solving medical mysteries. The biggest change up is that Forman is now in charge. I predict plenty of conflict this season, which works well with these characters.
9. No New War – Obama has been in office for nearly a year and we are not at war with Russia or Canada. Compared to Bush, Obama makes not sending our troops over seas look easy. Who knows, this may even last his entire administration.
8. Bret Favre – The man is older than dirt but he manages to keep psyching us out. “I’m gonna retire this year… Just kidding! I’m gonna play for a new team and keep kicking ass!”
7. The Moon Walk – Michael Jackson may have had a messed up personal life, but his contribution to music was great. Just consider the Thriller video, a groundbreaking short film that has become a Halloween classic. The Moon Walk… without it we would always be walking like we’re on Earth. And who wants that?
6. Clunkers for Cash – It’s about time the government did something to stimulate the economy in a green way. Not only did it get the auto industry rolling again, it got a lot of gas guzzling cars off the street. Wow… good for the economy and the environment… if only someone had thought of that before.
5. Aniston’s Baby – The woman was the hottest thing to come along since sliced bread. But after she and Brad split, Jennifer hasn’t been able to hold on to a man long enough to put a bun in her oven. If Rachel Green can’t get a man what hope is there for the rest of us? Thank goodness Aniston is finally getting what she has always wanted… hopefully it’s my turn next.
4. Chipotle – Seriously, have you had this stuff? It is delicious in a very addicting way.
3. $8,000 Tax Credit – The government does it again! That’s three points in Obama’s favor now. This is one of the top marketing gimmicks, giving an incredible incentive to make a purchase, to make it irresistible to make that purchase. It’s like Obama has experts working for him who are seriously working toward an economic upturn goal. Or something like that. I think every president should do that too.
2. Alcohol – This social lubricant has been at work for thousands of years. Water into wine? Alcohol takes the credit for allowing new people to get over their nervousness and get to know someone new without worrying too much about what they are saying. And it’s just fun.
1. Thanksgiving – The best time of the year is when you make a ton of delicious food for a large group of family and friends and then proceed to stuff your face until you are too full to move. It’s a time of gluttony and love, so enjoy it this year and all of the years to come.