If celebrity spotting gets you excited, you might want to try out some of the celebrity owned restaurants in the San Francisco area. Not only are these restaurants full amazing cuisines, but you could possibly find yourself rubbing elbows with your favorite star.
Here are the top 10 celebrity owned restaurants in the San Francisco area:
1. Rubicon Restaurant – This fine restaurant is known for its co-celebrity owners, being Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams. Rubicon is known for its fine dining experience and exclusive menu items. They are also known to host wine dinners on a regular basis. This restaurant is located at 558 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CA.
2. Slanted Door – This restaurant is helped along by celebrities such as Mick Jagger, Quentin Tarantino and Keith Richards. Slanted Door is known for its amazing Vietnamese menu items and casual setting. With prices set between $15 and $27 per meal, you can’t go wrong. This restaurant is definitely a busy place to visit during the day, but highly worth it. Slanted Door is located at 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA.
3. Al-Masri Egyptian Restaurant – This wonderful and unique Egyptian restaurant in the heart of San Francisco is run by Sausan, the executive chef. Sausan has been a celebrity of the professional performing arts through the Bay area for almost 15 years.
4. Ana Mandara Restaurant -Khai Duong who is a known celebrity chef who opened this restaurant in 2000. He partnered up with Don Johnson and Cheech Marin to co-own this restaurant. Ana Mandara is known for its unique Asian cooking, specializing in Vietnamese food. You can locate this restaurant at 891 Beach Street at Polk Street, Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco, CA.
5. Perry’s – Perry’s is known for its celebrity bartenders who include Mayor of San Francisco, Willie Brown and the 49ers President, Carmen Policy. This casual restaurant is known for its great burgers, sandwiches and lobster. This restaurant is a great location for lunch or dinner. You can locate Perry’s at1944 Union Street, San Francisco, CA.
6. Fleur de lys – Owned by celebrity chef Hubert Keller runs this great small French restaurant, showcasing some of the most fine and elegant tasting foods. With experience comes amazing tastes, and that is something this restaurant is certainly not lacking in. Located at 777 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, Fleur de lys is a restaurant not to miss.
7. Postrio Restaurant – Postrio was formerly owned by Wolfgang Puck and is known for the great amount of ambiance the restaurant provides. This upscale lounge/cafe offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a moderate variety of menu items to choose from. With a taste of Wolfgang Puck’s food, you’ll want to return to this restaurant on a regular basis. Postrio’s is located at 545 Post Street, San Francisco, CA.
8. Jardiniere Restaurant – This classy restaurant is owned and run by Traci Des Jardins who was awarded as one of the best celebrity chefs in the San Francisco area. The restaurant is known for its elegant lounge area and savory delicate entrees. Jardiniere is located at 300 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA.
9. French Laundry Restaurant – French Laundry is another restaurant in the San Francisco area owned by Chef Thomas Kellar. You can find French and California types of cuisines. This restaurant is a fine dining experience that requires a business formal dress requirement. If you’re looking for a great dining experience to treat a date, this might be the best place to make a first impression. French Laundry is located at 6640 Washington Street, Yountville, CA (right outside of San Francisco).
10. Hayes Street Grill – This restaurant is owned and run by Patricia Unterman, who’s known for her famous food writing reviews. This is a great casual setting seafood restaurant is a food experience that you wouldn’t want to miss. You can find Hayes Street Grill at 320 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA.