“Where The Wild Things Are” is a movie that will take your mind on an interesting journey, especially if you see it in IMAX like we did today. Max is the main character, but every character in the movie has their own story you can follow. I think people will identify with different characters as they watch the movie. Every character has a life lesson to be learned, and a new personal victory in the making. I laughed and I cried. When I left the theatre with my husband, we both said it was difficult to wrap our heads around it all. There were so many take away life lessons in the movie.
There are several thought provoking ideas that are presented in this movie. I think there are scenes that will change the course of peoples lives in a very positive way.
Here are some interesting life lessons you might take from this movie.
1. Life can be difficult no matter where you are, but keep learning, and never stop trying to make it better.
2. Be open to the possibilities of a new adventure, a new friend and a new way of looking at the world.
3. People all seem to basically want the same things. People want to love and be loved, and better their lives.
4. Sometimes it’s too late to change your mind, so don’t wait to change it.
5. Something good can come from adversity.
6. Some change can happen quickly. Some change takes a lot of time and patience.
7. Always try to see the world through someone else’s eyes if you want to understand them.
8. You can accomplish more than you ever dreamed you could.
9. It’s hard to find authentic people. Many people are not what they say they are, so beware.
10. When the terrain of life gets challenging, just keep going.
11. Don’t let fear keep you from your next big adventure.
12. Learn to laugh again. Learn to play again. In the seriousness of life, lighten up.
13. Don’t let the few negative comments outweigh the many positive comments in your life.
14. Be friends with everyone. You never know where the help you need will come from when you need it.
15. Sometimes a safe place is not exactly where you hoped it would be, but it works.
16. Be careful who you listen to in life. Ask questions. Don’t just believe everything you hear.
17. Enjoy the moment, because it may only be for a moment.
18. Do what you can, because you might be the only person who can do it. Each character has a vital role.
19. Things are always more complicated than they seem. There is always more under the surface.
20. Value everyone in your life in a different unique way. If you don’t, you will miss so many precious moments.
At the end of the movie, the theatre was silent. As the credits rolled, no one moved. The movie seemed to have an open ending, with a lot of issues still unresolved, leaving the audience to fill in the blanks. While the camera covered the story of Max returning home, your mind thought back to all of the other characters. For everyone in the story, life will presumably go on but will never be the same. Perhaps that is the question presented to the audience. Will you choose to act differently and interact with your world differently? Some problems are just too big for you, but you still have a lot of control over how you will react to them, and that feels very powerful. It kinda feels like a King.