There are several ways to stretch money for your cosmetic products and ladies fashions to save money. Here are some great tips to stretch any budget.
How to stretch money with cosmetic products:
1) Purchase cosmetics products in kits. You get more for the price because it’s a volume purchase. Single cosmetic products are higher to purchase separately.
When you use one cosmetic product for two things, you stretch your money budget. Here is a list, some by Hollywood stylists:
2) Maybelline New York Great Lash Clear Mascara is great for lashes and works as a brow groomer. Use it to brush unruly eyebrows which are held in place by the clear mascara.
3) Johnson’s Baby Powder works as dry shampoo in a pinch. Spread through hair with hands and then comb or brush out.
4) Rhoto Arctic Eye Drops are great for brightening eyes. Spread onto blemishes to reduce redness.
5) Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is a great facial moisturizer and can double as a grooming cream for hair. Rub a small pea-size amount between hands and apply to hair, especially the ends.
6) Hemorrhoid Creams take puffiness from underneath eyes.
7) If you cook with coconut oil, it’s great as lip balm.
8) Milk of Magnesia is great for sunburns, especially Mint flavored.
9) Tea Tree oil can be used as deodorant.
10) Baby shampoo can be used as body wash.
11) Baking soda can be used for toothpaste. Put small amount of soda in your hand, wet brush and dip before brushing teeth.
12) Crest white toothpaste (not gel) or Aquafresh (not gel) is good for zits. Forget purchasing another cosmetic product for zits.
13) Use clear nail polish for runs in pantyhose and to protect rhinestones in barrettes or jewelry.
14) Use expired cosmetic products for other things such as face moisturizer with SPF on hands, body lotion on feet and facial toner’s for legs after shaving.
How to stretch money with ladies fashions:
Don’t start putting your summer wardrobe away until late fall or even winter. Stretch your summer wardrobe into winter by:
15) Add tights and a cardigan to maxi dresses. Or, wear a blouse underneath and add boots.
16) Add blazers to jeans and T-shirt.
17) Add boots and tights to short skirts and rompers.
18) Wear a short dress as a top over leggings.
19) Mock turtlenecks can be worn under summer tops.
20) Some Bermuda shorts look okay with long, knee socks or tights for winter.
21) Add scarves or neckties, both long and short to anything.
22) Add mufflers to anything.
23) If you don’t mind looking like a geek, wear toe socks with sandals and thongs.
Start a new trend.
24) Wear clothes that are a size too large by belting, adding scarves vests and wearing blazers for camouflage.
25) Wear a top over a dress and belt it for a new look in your fashion wardrobe.
The only summer wardrobe item that isn’t easily adjusted so it can be worn in winter is bathing suits. However, if you’re really creative and bohemian, you might figure something out that works to stretch money for your cosmetic products and ladies fashions.
Click here for Glam Fashion on a Budget
Author’s own penny pinching
July Star magazine