Having beautiful and healthy lips is an attribute that most women wish to have. Tween girls are no exception to this fact. My tween daughter Kayla and I love to go shopping together, and one item that we always seem to buy is lip gloss. It is just one of those purchases that does not break your wallet and has health benefits as well.
In this article, I will provide a list of five of the best lip glosses that Kayla and I have found to work best for our lips. Because of our feelings regarding excessive chemicals and a love for all things natural, the lip products listed below contain all natural ingredients and are environmentally friendly and cruelty free.
1. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer – This lip gloss is one of Kayla’s favorites. It conditions the lips while also providing a lovely shade of color. It is available in a multitude of colors including peony, caramel, champagne, guava, watermelon, rhubarb, raisin, fig, merlot, papaya, nutmeg, cocoa, and toffee. It can be purchased from the Burt’s Bees website for $5.00 for a .0975 oz tube, or Kayla and I have also found it at Walgreen’s for $3.99. Walmart and Books-A-Million also carry the Burt’s Bees line.
2. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil – This lip gloss/balm is also one of Kayla’s favorites. This lip product makes your lips feel luscious and helps to keep them hydrated and moisturized. It provides a slight reddish tint to the lips as well. It retails for $3.00 for a .15 oz tube on the Burt’s Bees website and can also be found at Walmart, K-Mart, Walgreen’s, and Books-A-Million.
3. Ganache for Lips All-Natural Gourmet Lip Balm – This lip product is almost like a decadent dessert. It actually contains gourmet chocolate in its ingredients and has a smooth texture and a delicious aroma. It comes in chocolate mint, chocolate hazelnut, and mocha latte and is available for purchase from Amazon.com for $3.95 per .15 oz tube.
4. Badger Balm USDA Certified Organic Lip Balm – Kayla and I found this wonderful lip product in the country store section of Cracker Barrel Restaurant. This balm is quite aromatic and moisturizes and soothes the lips. It is USDA certified organic and can be found in the flavors of pink grapefruit, vanilla Madagascar, ginger and lemon, highland mint, lavender and orange, tangerine breeze, and if you prefer, unscented. A .15 oz tube of this lovely lip item can be ordered for $3.00 on the Badger Balm website, or you can find it at Cracker Barrel or Whole Foods stores.
5. Mom 4 Life Peppermint Lip Balm – Kayla and I discovered this lip butter while I was pregnant with my youngest son who is now 2. It was a free gift with a purchase that I had made from the Mom4Life website. It has a delectable peppermint aroma and creamy texture and makes your lips feel wonderfully. It is available for $2.99 per tube, or you can receive a free tube if you make a $10 or more purchase from Mom4Life.
These luscious lip products make wonderful, inexpensive gifts for the tween gal in your life. Even moms will love these, so go ahead, have fun, and enjoy healthy lips as well.
“Ganache For Lips All-Natural Gourmet Lip Balm.” Amazon.
“Lip Shimmer.” Burt’s Bees.
“Mom 4 Life Peppermint Lip Balm.” Mom 4 Life.
“Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil.” Burt’s Bees.
“USDA Organic Lip Balm.” Badger Balm.