With the emergence of the 3G networks, comes a new age for cellphones. This step up is called the smartphones. So far there has been some deadly competition between AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon. The gadget in the spotlight now is the new Verizon smartphone nicknamed the Droid. This Motorola Sholes Verizon DROID smartphone review explains the benefits of the latest technology included with the Android 2.0 which is the best version of Android technology on the market. There are several similarities with Verizon’s new smartphone DROID and its competition iPhone and Blackberry Storm. The differences, however; set this new smartphone Verizon DROID in a class of its own.
Similarities to other smartphones review
• Arm Cortex A8 CPU (a 600MHz, OMAP3430) is comparable to iPhone smartphone
• 256MB of RAM, and 512MB of ROM is the same as the best smartphones
• Thin shape with QWERTY keyboarding is similar to other smartphones
• Touch screen keyboarding and many applications are also similar to iPhone
• 3G network with comparable internet packages
Differences from other smartphones review
• Android 2.0 out does and applications from other widget smartphones and iPhone
• Widgets are faster than every
• Flash compatibility with website changing smartphone online experience
• Google and Verizon have altered smartphones with a new deal for tech and apps
• Widgets out of the box vastly overcome other smartphones
• Price of the Verizon Motorola DROID are slightly less than other smartphones
• Largest 3G network with Verizon and best coverage
If you own the HTC Hero or another device with Android this is the upgrade you have been waiting for. Faster and more powerful seem to be the hidden agenda behind the Motorola DROID. The fans of the iPhone and Blackberry applications will die for the Android 2.0 widgets. The favorites include voice activated Google search and direction. Something you will not find anywhere else. The display can get sort of crowded but this gadget does not bog down like the HTC Hero. Have many widgets like weather, voice activations, and flash games running simultaneously is well behind any other smartphone application technology. This smartphone DROID 2.0 technology has become the latest model to compete with.
Although the Verizon Motorola DROID is running on the Motorola Sholes, it truly is the DROID 2.0. HTC has recently release a new DROID nicknamed DROID Eris and except this series of new DROID smartphones to continue. Verizon has the rights on the Android technology and is asking all products to be nicknamed after DROID. But not just any DROID will do, HTC latest is only running Android 1.6 while 2.0 is only for the Sholes. One final note for all of the smartphone rooting fan, DROID rooting is still in its preliminary stages and rooting may not be ready for this technology quite yet but it is improving quickly.
List of other Verizon DROID reviews
• Three part review on Examiner.com
• Great review from engadgets.com
• Verizon Motorola DROID sakes review from CNET
Questions or comments? Please tell us what you think of our Verizon DROID review.
Nelson, Richard. November 2009. Droid review part 3. http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-27873-El-Paso-Gadgets-Examiner~y2009m11d10-DROID-Part-3-in-depth-review-in-time-for-Christmas
Reardon, Marguerite. November 2009. Initial Motorola Droid sales look good. http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10393795-94.html
Topolsky, Joshua. October 2009. Motorola DROID review. http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/30/motorola-droid-review/