A certain degree of dependence between partners is normal and even natural. The problem occurs when this type of addiction begins to affect you personally, preventing you to be independent and free. If you’re in such a situation, learn what you can do in order not be forced to give up being yourself.
The addiction to your partner can be emotional or financial:
1. Emotional addiction. At first sight, it seems nothing abnormal to hear two lovers saying words like: “I can’t live without you”, “I’m nothing without you”, Promise that you’ll never leave me”, etc. But all these words reflect the degree of emotional dependence between them. Gradually, the feeling of love turns into a habit, and thus, the partners feel that they can’t live without the other, as he/ she represent their entire universe. In time, this type of addiction can lead to extreme jealousy, abuse and unsolved problems.
2. Financial addiction. This problem is quite common in couples. Many women become financially addicted to their partners and remain captive in a marriage that means nothing for them. Thus, they are predisposed to humiliation, having an unhappy life, only because of their lack of money.
How not to become addicted to your partner
Trust yourself. What really makes a difference in life is your self confidence. In order to encourage yourself, think about your past successes. Thus, you will discover that your partner wasn’t next to you from the beginning, and, still, you managed very well without him. You will find out that you’re a woman who does not necessarily need a partner, in order to be happy or to have a life without worries.
Don’t give up your dreams. Some women are afraid that they will end by being alone and begin to live only for the man next to them. They give up their plans for the future, just to satisfy all his wishes, hoping that he will never leave them. But this mentality can be harmful. You risk waking up without a partner and without your desired achievements. So, love and fight for your dreams at the same time.
Signs that you’re addicted to your partner
– You’re thinking obsessively about him;
– You talk constantly about him with everyone;
– You give up your ideals and sacrifice yourself for his good;
– You feel intensively his absence when he’s not next to you, even if he left for a short time;
– You wish to share everything with him, doing absolutely everything together.