Dry skin can be an aggravation any time of year. However, many wonderful products exist to help ease the pain. I have selected six of my favorite products to use for dry skin, and best of all, they can fit into just about anyone’s budget.
1. Tom’s of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Wash – I have personally used this product, and I love it. It contains wheat protein which helps to moisturize the skin as well as coconut and palm soaps that cleanse the skin gently. All of the ingredients in this body wash are natural, and it is amazing how your skin feels after you use this product in the bath or the shower. This wonderful cleanser comes in two varieties – lavender and unscented and can be found at Walmart for a mere $4.63.
2. Burt’s Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion – This lotion contains milk and honey to soften the skin in addition to sunflower oil, coconut oil, and vegetable glycerin which enable the skin to absorb the lotion quickly in order to restore moisture. Almost all of the ingredients in this product are natural. It works well not only on your body but also your face as well. I highly recommend this lotion and have used it extensively. It not only feels wonderful on the skin, but it also has a very appealing aroma. This lovely lotion can be found at Walmart for a great price of $9.99.
3. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm – Burt’s Bees offers an abundance of choices in lip balms, but this one is my favorite for dry, chapped lips. It contains pomegranate oil and consists of all natural products. It gives a slight tint to your lips due to the presence of the oil, and it is extraordinary how this balm makes your lips feel. My husband even uses this product and enjoys it, so even men could utilize this balm. This luscious lip balm can be found at Walmart for the low price of $2.87.
4. Burt’s Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream – This cleanser is absolutely perfect for those of us who suffer with dry skin. This product contains all natural ingredients and gently cleanses the skin without drying it out. I have used this product on my face, and I have usually followed it up with the Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion mentioned above. This product is available at Walmart for $7.97.
5. Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly – Many people might associate aloe vera with use during the summer on sunburns, but aloe vera is a great soother for sensitive or dry skin any time of year. This gel contains 99% of certified organic ingredients and is very soothing for dry skin as well as burns or any other type of skin irritation. I keep this product on hand and have even used it to moisturize my legs after shaving them. It retails for $4.09 and can be found at a variety of natural food stores.
6. Keltic Myst All Natural Soap – This soap is terrific for people who have dry skin. It is made with all natural ingredients and comes in a variety of scents. At present, I have only tried the Bee’s Wax and Honey, but I plan to try the others as well. If you live near or around the Lexington, Virginia area, you can purchase this soap at Celtic Tides. If not, you can order it from the Keltic Myst website. I purchased my bar of soap for $4.95, but prices may vary.