Women’s health is an important part of the lives of many Americans and women’s vitamins and protein supplements are flooding the commercial market. Manufacturers are jumping on the protein train and producing women’s protein supplements to address the concerns that many women have about their bodies and the impact protein has on their overall health. Many women’s protein supplements are simply formulas that have worked for men but are now packaged for women; however, the female body requires different vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The protein supplements below are designed with a woman’s body in mind.
1. Aria Women’s Protein Powder($13.99 retail) is an all- natural protein supplement with whey and soy proteins. The soy protein in Aria is non-genetically modified soy protein for better health benefits. Aria also has low glycemic properties, which benefits those who must control their glycemic levels. The folic acid, calcium and phosphorus in Aria give women the other nutrients needed for strong, healthy bones. Women who are dieting will like that this protein powder is low in carbohydrates and fat.
2. ISOFemme by ALLMAX Nutrition comes in three delicious flavors, Strawberry Fiesta, Chocolate Temptation and Creamy Vanilla Sky, for women who want to increase their protein intake. ISOFemme protein smoothies help in weight management by giving your body the protein it needs for energy in a low fat, low-carb and low sugar shake. Specifically designed to work with a woman’s body, ISOFemme helps “tighten and tone the curves of a female’s body.”
3. Complete Whey for Women ($23.07 retail) is a natural whey protein supplement in a convenient powder form that can be made into a shake or sprinkled onto yogurt for a snack. The whey protein will help women manage their weight and have healthy muscles, bones, teeth, hair and nails when part of a balanced, nutritional diet. This whey protein supplement is low-calorie and non-fat so that you are not consuming extra calories.
4. Cinnamon Wheynola ($11.50) is a delicious whey protein breakfast that will help women have healthier hearts. Women especially need to be conscious about heart health and the ingredients in this protein cereal – cinnamon, oats, nuts, seeds, omega-3 oils and whey protein – are all excellent at reducing the risk of heart disease for women. This cereal will give you the energy to keep going during your busy day but will also give you the nutrition, vitamins and essential oils to keep your heart in great health.
5. Nature’s Plus Spiru-tein Vanilla ($28.79) is a great tasting, 100 calorie, no-fat and no cholesterol protein shake for women who are wanting to gain the health benefits of protein while maintaining a healthy weight. This protein powder supplement has additional vitamins and minerals essential for maintaining good health. The protein in Spiru-tein comes from plant-based proteins, which is perfect for women who are vegetarians.