Here’s the best trick or treating I have found in Northern Colorado. Some are indoors, some are free and all offer a safe alternative to walking the streets. Always talk about safety with your child before you leave for trick or treating. Be sure there is a responsible adult you trust to accompany them if you are unable to.
1. Tiny Tot Halloween–Old Town Fort Collins. From 10am-1pm on October 30th, 2009. Free event! Specifically for children 7 and under. Great event for those little tots!
2. Treatsylvania Trick or Treat Street–Safe trick or treating for children 10 and under at the Farm in Fort Collins. October 23-24 6-8pm and October 25th 1-3 and 5:30-7:30. Children are $5 each and adults are free. Enjoy a haunted house, hayride and trick or treating. Tickets are $3 a person. Check out the website for more info.
3. Free Indoor Trick or Treat–At Collinwood Independent and Assistant Living from 3:30-4:30pm on October 30th. This event is free and open to ages 0-10 years old. The address is: 5055 S. Lemay Ave., Ft. Collins, CO 80525.
4. Halloween Fight Night–Frightful fun at the Aztlan Community Center in Fort Collins on October 30th from 7-9pm. Youth grades 5-8. Tickets are $5 and will be available for purchase starting Oct. 24th at the Center. Costume contests, treasure hunts, dancing, food and more fun. Check out the website for more details.
Other event in Fort Collins
Fort Collins Museum Terror Tours–Recommended for ages 16 and up due to the content. October 23rd and 30th from 7:30-10pm. Dress in costumes for this tour around Old Town. Tickets are on sale now. Check out the website for more info.
1. Trick or Treat at Centennial Village Museum 2009–From 5-7pm on October 23rd and 24th at Centennial Village in Greeley. Free, but donations are always welcome. Geared towards children 10 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Trick or treat around the village, play simple games and toast marshmallows. You’ll have fun and so will your children! Love this event! I have gone for the last 5 years with my nieces and nephews.
2. Halloween Carnival: Trick or Treat Street–Indoor fun at the Funplex in Greeley on October 30th. Candy booths and games for kids. Costume contests and prizes for different age groups ranging from 0-12 years old. This is a free event.
3. Halloween Party!–At Remax Alliance in Greeley on Oct. 30th from 4-6:30pm. Safe indoor trick or treating for kids and fun for everyone! Located at 5586 W 19th St. Suite 2000, Greeley, CO 80634. Fun for all! Free event. Friendly people and great décor. For questions: email@example.com or call 970-330-5000.
Other event in Greeley
Haunted Mini Golf–At the Family Funplex in Greeley on Oct. 30th form 6-9pm. For ages 6 and up. Admission: Youth (6-15) $2.50, Adults $3.00, Seniors (60+) $2.50. It’s spooktacular!
1. 2009 Halloween Parade–In Longmont they have a parade on Oct. 31st starting at 10am. Go in costume and there is trick or treating that follows the parade. Fun for the whole family. Check out the website for more info.
2. The Knack Halloween Event–At Michael’s in Longmont from 10-12. Free! Coloring, free pail, candy and crafts. Check out the site for more info.
1. Safe Kids Trick or Treat and Costume Contest–At the Outlets at Loveland on Oct. 31st from 4-7pm. For the whole family. Check out the website for more info.
2. Halloween Hullabaloo–At the Marketplace at Centerra in Loveland. From 12-4 on Oct. 31st. This event is a free event. Kids activities, safety fair, costume contest, treats and more fun for the whole family.
Have fun and Happy Halloween!