Many people enjoy decorating their home for Hanukkah. It helps them get into the spirit of things and it presents a welcoming atmosphere for family and friends. Here are a few suggestions on how to make your home look amazing on a budget.
1) Decorate the outside of your home using clear white lights. Lights are sold everywhere in December because of Christmas. You will have no problem finding what lights for the outside of your home. I would suggest purchasing LED lights because they last for years and they use far less electricity then their counterparts. Decorate your front porch, around your door, windows, and shrubs. This will be a welcome experience for any guests that visit you over Hanukkah.
2) Set out lovely bowls of chocolate gelt that are wrapped in gold which will look nice if you have candlelight. You can even use a silver platter to put the gold coins on.
3) Head to the local fabric store and purchase blue and white fabric. Use this fabric to decorate your home. If you are handy with a needle then you can create a lovely table runner in blue and white that will look fantastic with your silver tray of gold gelt placed on it.
4) Head to your local department store and purchase blue and white candles to set on your mantel. These give a nice festive air.
5) Purchase inexpensive blue and white tablecloths to decorate your table with.
6) Try to have napkins to match your tablecloth and place mats. Remember that the colors are always blue and white. Many people also use silver throughout their home.
7) Inside your home you can string white and blue lights on a mantel or a window which give the house a warm festive air.
8) Do not forget to also decorate your Hanukkah bush in blue and white lights. Remember to purchase the LED lights to save on your electric bill and because they burn cool. Purchase lovely silver ornaments to adorn your bush with. Make sure you have a lovely silver Star Of David for the top of your bush.
9) Of course you will have a Menorah in your window which always looks amazing.
10) Be sure to display your Hanukkah cards proudly. Its nice to string them across the mantel.
11) You can purchase Hanukkah ribbon at many online retailers. This ribbon comes in blue and white. It says, “Happy Hanukkah .” Use this to decorate different area’s of your home. You can decorate a banister with it, or you can make a wreath out of it, or you can decorate the wooden chairs in your home. Ribbon is festive and looks lovely.
12) Print up coloring book pages for Hanukkah off line and have your children color them. Proudly display these with magnets on your refrigerator.
13) Place any Hanukkah books you have out on a coffee table for display and for your guests to enjoy.
14) Everyone should proudly display their dreidels for Hanukkah. It is even fun to handcraft some to hang around your home. Children adore this project.
15) Set a platter of blue and white cupcakes out for your guests and loved ones to enjoy.
16) You can purchase vinyl clings that go on your window for Hanukkah. Many people with children enjoy hanging these. They are always fun and look wonderful.
17) You can purchase blue and white garland to hang around your home for decorations.
These idea’s can help any home look lovely for Hanukkah.