The following will test your knowledge about the Catholic Faith. How knowledgeable are you?
1. Who replaced Judas to become the 13th apostle?
a) Barabbas b) Matthias c) Barnabas d) Timothy
2. As of the present pope, Benedict XVI, how many popes have there been?
a) 415 b) 368 c) 265 d) 297
3. The act of converting Bread and Wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is known as:
a) The Eucharist b) Holy Communion c) Transubstantiation d) Viaticum
4. Who was known as the “Apostle of the Gentiles”?
a) Peter b) John c) Stephen d) Paul
5. Who was the first person to see Jesus Christ after he rose from the dead?
a) Mary, His Mother b) Mary Magdelene c) Peter d) John
6. Which is the highest of the Choirs of Angels?
a) Archangels b) Principalities c) Dominions d) Authorities
7. Who was the first American-born person to be canonized a saint?
a) St. John Neumann b) Mother Cabrini c) Elizabeth Seton d) St. Katherine Drexel
8. Who elects the Pope?
a) The Electoral College b) The Curia c) The Synod of Bishops d) The College of Cardinals
9. What saint founded the Congregation of the Mission, an order of priests, in Paris in the 17th century?
a) St. Ignatius Loyala b) St. Vincent de Paul c) St. Francis DeSales d) St. John of the Cross
10. Who was the first martyr for his faith?
a) Peter b) Paul c) Stephen d) John
11. Which Pope called together Vatican Council II?
a) Pius XII b) John XXIII c) Paul VI d) John Paul II
12. Which King of France was canonized a saint?
a) Louis IX b) Francis I c) Louis XIV d) Charlemagne
13. Which of the Canonical Hours is recited in the early evening?
a) Compline b) Lauds c) Matins d) Vespers
14. The Good Samaritan came upon a man who was going to what town when he fell prey to robbers?
a) Damascus b) Jerusalem c) Jericho d) Bethany
15. Which of these biblical women beheaded Holofernes, the commander of the Assyrian army?
a) Judith b) Deborah c) Rahab d) Esther
16. Tradition states that which saint was roasted to death on a gridiron?
a) St. Philip Neri b) St. Lawrence c) St. John Bosco d) St. Aloysius
17. Which saint is known as the “Angelic Doctor”?
a) St. Thomas More b) St. Ignatius Loyola c) St. Thomas Aquinas d) St. Francis of Assisi
18. On whose feast day does the priest bless the throats of his parishioners?
a) St. Valentine b) St. Bernard c) St. Louis d) St. Blaise
19. Who succeeded St. Peter to become the second Pope?
a) St. Linus b) St. Clement c) St. Sixtus d) St. Callistus
20. In what year did the Second Vatican Council begin?
a) 1958 b) 1960 c) 1962 d) 1965
1.b 2.c 3.c 4.d 5.b 6.a 7.c 8.d 9.b 10.c 11.b 12.a 13.d 14.c 15.a 16.b 17.c 18.d 19.a 20.c