Coach handbag outlets are a popular destination for bargain handbag shoppers looking for a great deal on the signature Coach tote bag, Coach wallet or their next Coach designer purse. What most people don’t know, is that Coach handbag outlets often carry styles and designs that are never carried by the Coach handbag boutiques at major department stores, or even online. If you’ve been thinking about hitting the Coach handbag outlet to pick up the latest deals on handbags, make sure you’re aware of the following facts:
1. Coach handbag outlets don’t always carry the exact same style as the standard Coach boutique. Coach outlet store merchandise is designed only for the outlet stores. Even though these are authentic Coach bags, you won’t find a replica of most of the designs or styles from the Coach store or on Coach.com in the factory store. However, styles that are not doing well in the retail stores may very well find their way to the Coach outlet store.
2. Coach handbag outlet stores do host sales. Some Coach factory stores will mark down their pre-discounted bags, and may also offer in-store coupons. These one-day-only events typically attract hundreds of shoppers on any given day because you can shave off an extra 10 to 20 percent from the day’s purchase.
3. Coach outlet stores are authorized sellers of Coach accessories. In addition to the Coach bags, wallets and totes, you can purchase authentic Coach accessories such as umbrellas, luggage tags, scarves and even jewelry. Some of these items are found in the regular Coach boutique, and will be discounted to factory prices.
4. Coach outlet stores cannot confirm or deny authenticity of a bag. Employees at Coach outlet stores are not employed or trained by Coach corporate headquarters, and cannot verify whether the bag you purchased either at their store, or at another Coach retail location, is authentic. Your best bet is to call Coach directly and provide them with the bag’s serial number.
5. Coach retail stores don’t ‘ship’ their items to the Coach factory outlet if they can’t sell them. Coach retail stores are not permitted to send any bags or accessories directly to the Coach outlet store if they cannot sell them. They have to host their own sales in order to move inventory. This means that you will never find a Coach bag from a retail store at the Coach outlet store.
There are many misconceptions about the type of merchandise available at Coach handbag outlet stores, and many people still believe that they are purchasing handbags that simply didn’t sell at the local Coach boutique. If you are spending several hundred dollars on a Coach handbag from a factory outlet store, make sure you know what you are purchasing.
eBay Guide: “Coach Purse Myths”