To decorate for a rural Christmas theme it is important to decorate with natural and comfy items. This article will describe 5 ideas on how to decorate a rural home for Christmas.
1. Use things found in nature; there are many items you can find in the woods around your home to decorate with. Baskets filled with pinecones and poinsettias are nice. Garlands made from pine branches and acorns are also really pretty, and you can add some glitter or fake flowers to make these decorations really stand out. Ornaments can also be made easily out of nature items, and snowflakes can be made using twigs, wire, and glitter.
2. Candles are a great way to decorate a rural home for Christmas, and they come in many delicious and Christmas themed scents. You can place these candles together in clusters, and you can add some old fashioned ornaments to create an even more rural look. You can also wrap each candle with rural Christmas print ribbon such as gingham or plaid. Tie the ribbon in a bow, and place the candles all over the table or mantel for a rural look.
3. Fruit is another theme that can be used to decorate a rural home for Christmas. You can buy fake fruit cheaply, or you can use real fruit. For fake fruit add clear glitter or gold glitter accents to decorate the fruit and place in pretty glass bowls. Another way to decorate your rural home for Christmas with fruit is b making a dried apple slice garland. Slice the apple thin and dry in your oven on very low. String this with needle and thread and add popcorn or garland in between the slices. Hang this garland around your home for a rural Christmas look.
4. Knitting or crocheting snowflakes can be an easy way to decorate your rural home for Christmas, but if you can not knit or crochet do not feel lost. You can buy dollies in varying sizes and add fabric starch to make them stiff. Decorate your rural home with these snowflakes this Christmas for a wintry look. You can also buy fake snowflakes at many bargain stores for cheap.
5. Making custom decorations out of fabric is a fun way to decorate your home for Christmas in a rural fashion. You can make simple flowers by rolling up strips of fabric or ribbon and sewing or gluing the edges of one side. These can be made into a garland by glue to ribbon or beaded garland. You can add fake flowers to ribbon bows as well for a rural look. Making little quilted squares for ornaments out of Christmas themed fabric scraps is also a nice way to decorate your rural home for Christmas.
Decorating your rural home for Christmas can be fun and simple, and you do not have to spend a fortune to make your home look special for Christmas.