Hanukkah decorations don’t have to be expensive to look beautiful. There are many great decorations that you can make yourself to add a special touch to your Hanukkah celebration. Three of my favorite inexpensive, easy to make decorations are Glittering Dreidel Centerpieces for the table, Star of David Wreaths for your door, and a beautiful Tree Branch Menorah.
How To Make A Glittering Dreidel Centerpiece
This is a beautiful addition to any Hanukkah table and is made out of inexpensive wooden Dreidels and just a few other materials you may already have at home.
3 Cylinder shaped vases
Several wooden Dreidels
Blue, silver and light blue glitter
3 Aluminum pie pans
Plastic table cover
- Cover work area with table cover.
- Pour each color of glitter in a pie pan.
- Paint glue over the entire Dreidel.
- Choose a color of glitter.
- Roll Dreidel in glitter.
- Repeat until you have glittered all the Dreidels.
- Allow to dry.
- Once completely dry fill vases with glittered Dreidels and place in the center of your Hanukkah table.
Where to purchase materials needed
Vases can be purchased at www.save-on-crafts.com
Glitter can be purchased at any local craft store
Dreidels can be purchased at S&S Worldwide www.ssww.com
How To Make A Star OF David Wreath
This pretty Hanukkah Wreath is made out of cardboard paper towel rolls and is Eco friendly as well as inexpensive to make.
Old Wire clothes hanger
Silver Acrylic Paint
5 Empty paper towel rolls
Plastic Table Cover
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cover work area with plastic table cover.
- Bend wire coat hanger into a circle shape.
- Cut each paper towel roll into three equal parts.
- Starting in the middle of each paper towel third, cut each almost all the way through.
- Paint paper towel rolls blue.
- Stand upright and allow to dry.
- Trace 7 3″ six pointed stars on poster board.
- Paint stars silver and sprinkle with silver glitter before paint dries.
- Allow to dry
- Place each tube on the wire hanger by sliding them on using the slit you cut earlier
- Once all the tubes are on, hot glue the silver stars around the wreath.
- Use the hook at the top to hang on a door or wall.
Where to buy Materials Needed
All materials needed can be found in your home or at any local craft store.
How To Make A Tree Branch Menorah
This is a beautiful table top Menorah that is easy and inexpensive to make using a tree branch from your yard.
- Manzanita Tree Branch ( can also substitute a different kind of branch from your yard)
- Silver spray paint
- 9 Candle clips
- Hanukkah candles
- 3/4-inch circle craft punch
- 2 sheets of Vellum paper
- Spray tree branch silver.
- Allow to dry.
- Clip candle clips all along the branch.
- Trace nine 3 ” six pointed stars on the vellum.
- Cut out star shapes.
- Using the 3/4 craft punch, cut out the center of each star.
- Place each star over the candle clip.
- Insert Hanukkah candles into the clips.
Where To Purchase Materials Needed
Manzanita branch www.save-on-crafts.com
Candle clips www.allthingsbright.com
All other materials can be purchased at your local craft store.
With just a few craft supplies and a little creativity you can turn inexpensive ordinary objects into beautiful budget friendly Hanukkah Decorations that will compliment any decor.