Hanukkah is right around the corner and its time to start thinking about how you will decorate your home. Here are several ideas to help any home look wonderful.
1) Be sure to utilize blue and white in your decorating theme so that it will truly feel like Hanukkah.
2) Focus on your mantel. You can place a beloved Menorah in the center of the mantel with a lovely mantel runner. Or perhaps a simple blue and white candle arrangement would look tasteful. You could scatter around a few gold gelts to make the effect of the runner stunning. If you have a dreidel collection then lay these out on the mantel to be admired.
3) Fill your crystal vases with blue and white marbles to secure the flowers in place. These will look lovely in the middle of any table.
4) String white lights around your window or various locations in your home. You could also go with white and blue light strands which are easy to find this time of year. Choose LED light strands for a considerable savings on your electric bill and also because the bulbs burn cool so children and pets will not get burned if the should be touched.
5) Create an evergreen door wreath but use lovely blue and white ribbons or perhaps blue and silver would look stunning.
6) String a “Happy Hanukkah” banner in your home.
7) Fashion a Star Of David using lights. These look nice in a window.
8) Place out plates of Hanukkah cookies. You an purchase Hanukkah cookie cutters at a variety of stores.
9) Be sure to place a blue and white throw on your couch and perhaps a few matching throw pillows. This is always a nice touch.
10) Your dinning room table should sport a blue and white table cloth or runner. It should also have a lovely blue and white bouquet or some other eye catching centerpiece.
11) Let your children draw and color pictures of Hanukkah to proudly display on your refrigerator or some other area of your home. Its always nice for the children to feel involved in helping to make the home special.
12) Don’t forget your bathroom. Place blue and white hand towels for guests. You can also have tiny blue and white soaps and, perhaps even a candles.
13) Create a lovely Hanukkah gingerbread house with your children to proudly display.
14) All Hanukkah bushes are unique to the family who decorates them but be sure to proudly display yours. Lighting them with twinkling white lights always look nice especially if you choose a white bush to adorn with white lights and blue decorations. This is a lovely touch.
15) Some people have started to decorate the exterior of their homes with blue and white lights for Hanukkah. You can even find yard decorations to place outside at many retailers nowadays.