No one likes to go to Thanksgiving dinner as a guest empty handed. We all want to give our hostess a lovely gift that reflects how much we appreciate the effort that she has put into the special holiday dinner. Yes, we can go out and simply purchase a store bought item but I think it’s often better to do a craft gift that comes from the heart. If you have children they can help you create the gift which will make it even more special.
Here are two DIY ideas for the perfect Thanksgiving hostess gift. They are all easy and will be lovely when done.
1) A Set Of Garden Stepping Stones
Most people adore stepping stones for their garden. You can hand create each one to reflect a meaning from the heart. Here is a guide to making three stepping stones. On each one you can inscribe a special verse from your heart such as, “An Angel Lives Here” or a ” A True Friend”. Whatever captures your feelings for your hostess should be reflected in the three stepping stones that you create.
Here are the supplies that you will need.
1) Head to the crafts store to pick out colorful stones to spell out your words on the stepping stone. These are normally sold in small bags for as little as a $1.00 per bag. They come in a wide variety of shapes and colors. Most of them are marble size which will work perfectly for the stepping stones. You can also utilize seashells for decorations on the stepping stones.
2) A tub to mix the concrete in.
3) A large bag of quick set concrete. You can purchase sixty pounds of concrete for under $5.00 at virtually any home improvement store. Follow the instructions on the bag for using it. Its fairly simple and easy to utilize.
4) Three plastic plant bottoms. These are the round plastic tubs that you buy to place under your plants at home and collect the water. Virtually any store sell them for a $1.00-$3.00. They come in various sizes. Pick the perfect size for your three stepping stones.
5) A spoon to stir the concrete
6) Water for the concrete
7) Measuring cup
8) Newspaper or drop cloth
Sit down at your work space with all the supplies listed here. Be sure to cover whatever surface you are working on with newspaper or a drop cloth. Follow the instructions on the concrete to mix it. Different concrete offers different directions. Once the concrete is mixed pour it into your three plant molds. As it sets begin your decorations. Simply press them into the concrete to adhere.
When the concrete is completely dry peal the plastic plant saucer mold away. You now have three darling stepping stones.
I would either place them in a gift bag with tissue paper or I would simply wrap a lovely bow around them to present to the hostess on arrive to the Thanksgiving Day dinner event.
2) A Tasteful Thanksgiving Basket With Wheat and Lavender Bundles
You will need to purchase these supplies
1) A rustic looking basket
2) Ribbon in a fall color
4) A candle
5) Several fancy scented soaps.
6) Two bundles of dried decorative wheat
7) A bundle of dried fragrant lavender
Sit down with your basket and all the supplies and begin to fill it. Arrange the soap and candles nicely inside the basket. Now take the bundles of wheat and lavender. Open the bundles up and arrange them into one large fragrant fall bouquet. Wrap the base of the bouquet with the ribbon. Now place the bouquet inside the basket with the soaps and candle. Adorn everything tastefully in ribbon.
This is a lovely Thanksgiving day hostess basket gift that can be utilized as a bouquet of everlasting fragrant wheat and lavender to be placed anywhere in the hostesses house that she desires. It will look lovely in the kitchen, bathroom, on the mantel, or even as the centerpiece for the dining room table if she lacks one. The soaps and candle she can use after the dinner party to relax with.