Still can’t find your favorite spatula in the chaos of the kitchen drawer? It’s time to use some simple kitchen storage solutions and clear up the clutter. An organized kitchen can help you get through your recipes in record time and enjoy the cooking experience. When you have easy access to all your tools and ingredients, you can prepare your favorite meals with ease. Here are some easy kitchen storage solutions and ideas for clearing up a cluttered kitchen:
1. Line up woven baskets on the kitchen counter. Baskets can help you store like items with ease and keep them safe from the countertop. Use different sized baskets to store fresh fruits and vegetables, kitchen accessories and knick-knacks that tend to find their way on the countertops. These are cost-effective kitchen storage solutions that are also aesthetically appealing.
2. Hang storage cans for utensils on the wall. Instead of storing kitchen utensils in a drawer or cupboard, consider putting them in storage cans that are hung on a wall near the stovetop. This will give you easy access to all your basic cooking tools and keep everything in plain sight. This kitchen storage solution does double-duty as a decorative accent.
3. Use hanging baskets in the corner of your kitchen. Hanging wire baskets not only have visual benefits but they can be a great storage solution for fruits, vegetables and baked goods that aren’t going to be eaten on the same day. Use these to keep your food away from the splattering of the stove top and also to free up some space in the pantry.
4. Use plate holders to store decorative platters. Instead of stacking and stowing away your beautiful plates in the cupboard, consider showing them off with plate holders that are hung strategically on an empty wall. This kitchen storage solution will free up some space in your cabinets and serves as another decorative accent for your kitchen space.
5. Consider installing a bookcase into a cabinet area. Convert a non-essential cabinet into a bookcase and fill it with your favorite cookbooks. This reduces the risk of spills and mishaps on your precious cookbook collection, and also makes your favorite books within easy reach. You can add a screen or sheer curtain to the front of the case to protect it from oil and moisture while cooking.
6. Make use of rolling carts. If you’re always going on a hunt for spices, kitchen utensils and other kitchen accessories when cooking or entertaining, consider stocking up a rolling cart of drawers with your day-to-day products and accessories so you don’t have to rifle through cupboards and drawers to find them. Rolling drawer carts are a functional and inexpensive kitchen storage solution that can help you stay organized during any cooking session.
Cleaning up a cluttered kitchen doesn’t have to be a chore when you invest in some simple kitchen storage solutions and accessories that keep the space organized. Consider some of these kitchen storage ideas so that you can enjoy the cooking experience in an aesthetically pleasing environment.