Being a Vampire for Halloween is one of the number one costume choices for Halloween especially with the popularity of the recent Twilight movies.Its also one of the easiest to pull off and with just a few simple tips and tricks you can achieve the ultimate look in Vampire Makeup.
1. First decide on what type of Vampire you are going to be as that will dictate what type of make up to apply. Are you going for a classic Bella Lugosi Vampire look, a Gothic Vampire, a Nosferatu style vampire or maybe a Twilight inspired Vampire?
2. Before applying your base makeup apply a good moisturizer to your face. This will help prevent the make up from caking. Instead of using the standard white creme make up I suggest buying a bottle of foundation in the lightest shade you can find which is readily available at your nearest drugstore or large retail store. I don’t suggest using the white creme make up tha is readily available at Halloween because it looks too clown like and is hard to apply evenly without smears and streaks.
Use a make up sponge to apply the foundation you have selected to your entire face, neck and any exposed portions of your chest area. A pale faced Vampire with a tan chest area just doesn’t look right.
3. Once you have applied the base makeup set it using a light dusting of baby powder applied with a powder puff.
4. Use Grey eyeshadow to shade under the cheekbones and along the temples to create a more sinister look and make your Vampire face appear gaunt.
5.To draw attention to the eyes you will want to create a smoky eye using either black or Grey eyeshadow to shade your upper eyelid and underneath the lower lid to give your eyes that hollow look.
6. Further define your eyes with black eyeliner on your top lid only.If you are a girl going for a sexy vampire look add black fake eyelashes to make your eyes really stand out.
7. If you can spend a little on your Vampire costume definitely invest in some Vampire contact lenses available at www.cococontacts.com for $39.99. If you can’t afford colored lenses a pair of black sunglasses can also add a nice touch.
8. To make your Vampire lips really stand out apply bright red lip stick and line with a black eyeliner pencil. Go over the entire lip with black lipstick available from www.hottopic.com for $3.99.
9.If you are going as a Vampire from the movie Twilight remember these Vampires glitter in the sun so be sure and use some shimmer powder to help recreate the look. Hot Topic has Edward Body Shimmer for $9.99. www.hottopic.com
10. Great looking fangs really help create the perfect Vampire look. The Nightmare Factory
www.nightmarefactory.com has a large selection of fangs including my personal favorite blood tipped fangs made by Scarecrow.
11. The final step in creating your look is to add a bit of fake blood dripping from your lips. You can create this look by carefully applying the fake blood with a Q tip, Don’t overdo it though. A little blood goes a long way. Instead of spending money on commercial fake blood you can make your own by mixing a bit of corn syrup with a couple of drops of red food coloring. Add a drop of blue food coloring to give it a more realistic blood look.
12. Complete your look by applying vampire bite marks to your neck. www.vampirefang,com carries Tinsley Transfers Vampire Bite Tattoos for 3.99.
Your Vampire makeup is now finished and you are ready to join your fellow creatures of the night and scare up some fun. Just make sure and be home before sunrise.