Shopping for eco-friendly gifts for your grandparents during the holidays? Not only are these eco-friendly gifts trendy, but they are appreciated for their earth friendliness, usefulness, and thoughtfulness. Most likely your grandparents have a great appreciation for the environment and their part in saving resources. I have listed seven eco-friendly gifts that I think your grandparents may enjoy. I have described the gift, the eco-friendly aspects, given a link to the site and included descriptions and prices. Not only are these gifts appropriate for Christmas, but most would be useful throughout the year as well.
1. At Christmas, a living gift will delight your grandparents during the holidays, and perhaps for a few moths after. Winterberry plants, or long lasting red and green Hypericum berries, come packed into a 3.75 inch by 3.75 inch wood box. The color of this plant adds a festive atmosphere to any room, and takes very little space. The winterberry gift costs $28.00 and requires next day air shipping. This plant may be purchased online and shipped to your grandparents. As you would expect, this is a secure site and offers customer friendly shopping and payment.
2. Most grandparents would love an organic, fair trade, coffee and tea gift set; yours are most likely not an exception. This gift set includes an assortment of organic, fair trade coffee from Higher Grounds (2 twelve ounce bags) and organic, fair trade tea from Ahena’s Gypsy Tea (3 assorted tins with 33 tagless tea bags each). The coffee and tea are arranged in an earth friendly gift box. The coffee and tea gift set is priced at $34.99 and may be purchased online; the site is secure and offers shipping and consumer friendly payment options.
3. Everyone used to receive more calendars than they needed; now it is hard to find them, and you are best advised to buy one that fits your needs. This Patriotic USA Calendar 2010 will delight your grandparent. The calendar is produced by Memory_Lane and the price is $25.15. The calendar is frameless, begins with January 2010 and ends with December 2010; it does display US holidays and events. The calendar art is by Christy H. Chandler in aid of the American war effort; a vintage collection of Patriotic art from the war bond and enlistment era. If your grandparents enjoy vintage art and history they would enjoy this calendar very much.
4. Remember mess kits from scouts, the military or just family camping? Grandpa, grandma, or both, would enjoy receiving a To-Go Ware RePEaT Utensil Set. It is so handy, and cool! For #11.95 you receive this utensil set, tool kit, made of bamboo (a highly durable and sustainable resource that can be grown and harvested sustainably.) These utensils come in a unique holder made of RPET, or recycled plastic bottles. The holder comes in a choice of five colors: Agave, Beet, Pumpkin, Avocado or Hijiki. This online shopping site is secure and customer friendly.
5. Do your grandparents enjoy Italian? How about a Tuscan Bistro gift set. There are two choices: a petite Tuscan Bistro for $34.00 which includes organic spaghetti, all natural tomato basil sauce, and savory garlic croccantini or a medium Tuscan Bistro for $74.00 which includes the items in the petite gift set and Italian artisan potato gnocchi, arugula and pine nut pesto, and provolone cheese. There is also a large gift set which adds balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, hot pepper cheese, dried sausage, and green olives. Shopping is customer friendly and payment and shipping information is secure.
6. Pain be gone! This gift box contains powerful all natural relief for lips, hands, feet, joints and muscles. Packed in a compact, Earth Friendly 100% post-consumer, box is organic foot balm, organic healing hand balm, organic extra strength muscle balm, organic sore joint rub and organic lip balm. All for $28.50. Grandpa or grandma would enjoy the box, or, they could share! These gift items are made in the United States in New Hampshire. The shopping is safe and secure, as well as customer friendly.
7. For either grandma or grandpa, is this be the poem apron by Dustbuster. A standard apron in medium length, 35% cotton/65% polyester blends twill. The apron has three utensil pockets. The apron is machine washable, and measures 24″ L x 28″ W. The apron is made in the USA, and, costs $27.65. The printing on the apron reads: If you can’t be a poet, be the poem. (A great spiritual philosophy of life.) Shopping is secure on this site and ordering, paying and shipping are customer friendly.