Many employers don’t think twice about offering a health care plan to their employees. It’s good business and attracts better employees. Keeping your employees in good health makes sense. It should also make sense that offering a dental and eye care insurance plan along with health insurance is very beneficial to the employee and employer.
Here are some of the benefits of employers including eye care and dental insurance along with their healthcare plans:
1. Being able to afford a doctor and all the medicals bills can be overwhelming. The same is true for dental health and eye health. If your employee needs new glasses but can’t afford to purchase them or go to the eye doctor, it is fairly certain that work performance will suffer. When you are unable to see properly you are more prone to headaches. You are also unable to see what is in front of you therefore causes you to make errors in your work. Dental care is extremely important to overall health. People have died because they were unable to afford dental care. This is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed.
2. The better your benefits as opposed to other companies, the better the employee’s your will attract. Most potential employees understand that good insurance is just as important as the actual dollar amount they are making. If you offer dental and eye care insurance and the other company doesn’t, you have a much higher chance of winning that employee over.
3. Dental and eye care coverage doesn’t cost that much. The employee usually shares in the cost of it and most employees won’t mind the extra cost because it is very minimal. You can add much more value to your employees insurance package without much cost to you.
4. Carrying dental and eye care is the responsible thing to do. There is no doubt that health insurance is the most important because it is the most expensive. However, an employer should not overlook the importance of the other two. All of these areas affect a persons health and their ability to perform their jobs well. Giving them the tools to do so only makes good sense. You expect the employee to do their job properly. If that employee can’t see because they have no eye care plan and can’t afford the cost of new glasses, it only makes sense that the employee and his/her job will suffer. Take responsibility of insuring that your employees can afford basic care.
5. Good hygiene is expected in the workplace. Dental insurance coverage helps your employer to keep his/her teeth in good health and looking better. Getting regular check ups and taking care of dental issues is very important to your employees ability to keep his/her breath smelling better and yellowing down to a minimum.
Carrying health insurance is imperative. Most major companies realize this and make it a part of the overall package offered to its employees. It should also be recognized that there are many benefits to carrying dental and vision insurance as well. Keeping and retaining good employees is much easier when you take the time to care about their over all well-being.