In order to make money on the web, you must know the ins and outs of the Internet. Make it a habit to surf the web daily. Even taking as little as 10 minutes a day (every day) could help you to become better acquainted with this revolutionary and ever-growing form of media.
1. Visit and bookmark real estate related websites.
2. Peruse new and established competitor websites.
If you have a question, communicate with fellow agents or industry experts. It only takes a minute or two to connect online or via email, so why not take advantage of the new electronic age.
Develop, Choose and Register Your Own Professional Domain Name
Use your new registered domain name for as long as you wish to pay for it. Although your current brick and mortar position or location may change, your new domain name would remain a consistent way to find either you or your business. Your domain name should be placed on everything that you use to advertise market or promote your real estate business. These items are not limited to your website, business cards and flyers; you’d also be able to use yard sale signs, mailers and promotional pieces.
There are several companies that will act as your domain register both I would suggest pegging GoDady.com as a number one choice. This particular company offers a service that allows you to find a new domain quickly and inexpensively.
Domain Name Tip:
It is fine if you have more than one idea for a domain name. GoDaddy.com offers you the option to purchase multiple domain names and then have them forwarded (land) to designated central or home web pages. Using the forwarding service option is a great way to increase multiple and targeted streams of traffic to your product or service website.
Each of the above domain names is different but each can be forwarded to the same main central webpage or product.
Create Your Website:
If you are HTML or XHTML illiterate, don’t panic. There are several options for both website creation and website hosting. If you aren’t big into website design, pre-made, user friendly are ready to be filled in with your customer provided info, data or photos.
Website Basics to Remember:
1. Your website needs be to clear, concise and visitor oriented. Let the customer know what they will get from you.
2. Get maximum website traffic flowing to your real estate website by adding your contact info and your personal web address to real estate related web portals. Many sites will allow you to post your current properties and contact information.
3. Optimize your website by stating your company name and property location in your home page title bar. This is how search engines use this to search, tag and rank your website address.
4. Include a response and email contact form on every page of your new website. Email address collection is one key to a targeted and successful email campaign.
5. Wow Your Visitors with Your Website:
Create a virtual tour of your property listings. Add photos and property details and potential clients can tour their possible new home from clear across the planet.