Fairy costumes are a familiar sight during Halloween and fairy makeup is just as important in creating your fairy costume. There are many styles of fairy makeup you can go with. For some great tips for Halloween makeup, including fairy makeup, browse theses suggestions.
1. Before applying your fairy makeup, make sure your face if clean and free from any other makeup. Apply a light moisturizing cream to your face so your fairy makeup will stay on longer and will look fresher.
2. Next, apply a light coat of foundation makeup to give your complexion depth and warmth before apply your fairy makeup. Don’t use a heavy foundation because fairy makeup should be have a soft effect and your heavy base makeup will take away from the fairy makeup.
3. After you have evenly applied your light foundation makeup, lightly sweep pink blush over your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin with a big makeup blush brush. Don’t have a heavy hand when applying your blush because you want to keep the effect light and fairy like.
4. Your eye makeup is a very important part of your Halloween fairy makeup. First you will need to prime your eyelids with eye makeup primer so that your fairy makeup adheres well and lasts. The last thing you want is for your fairy eye makeup to fade, as this is one of the most important parts of your fairy makeup and for that matter, your whole fairy costume.
5. After you have primed your eyelids, with your eye makeup primer, you can apply your eye shadow. A light glittery eyeshadow works best. You don’t want to use heavy eyeshadow colors like brown or dark blue because then you take away from the softness of the fairy eye. Using a light shimmery eyeshadow like silver, gold or pink, fill in your eyelids and extend the eyeshadow to your eyebrow bone. Make sure the eyeshadow is very soft and shimmery to recreate a “fairy dust” look.
6. Next you can either curl your eyelashes and apply lots of mascara to your lashes, or apply false eyelashes for your fairy makeup. You can buy cheap theatrical or costume eyelashes in a store that sells costumes or even at your local drug store. A nice effect would be to use a colored mascara such as light blue or even mascara with a hint of gold to it. You can also get your false eyelashes tipped in gold. This makes for a dramatic fairy eye.
7. Next, for your lips, apply a light pink lip gloss. Remember, you don’t want a heavy look, so a nice pink lipstick or lip gloss will add a nice touch to your fairy makeup..
8. Another cute touch to your Halloween fairy makeup is to draw artistic stars and swirls on your face with a light colored eye pencil. Use only pastel colors such as light pinks and light blues. The stars can be drawn on your cheeks and surround them with creative swirls and designs.
9. After your fairy makeup is complete, take a big makeup brush and dab it into glitter that you have poured out into a small bowl. After tapping the excess glitter off, lightly brush it on your face. The moisturizer and foundation makeup that you previously applied will help the glitter adhere to your face.
10. Finally, after your Halloween fairy makeup has been applied, lightly spritz a fine mist of water onto your face with a spray bottle. This will set your fairy makeup and give your face a beautiful dewy fairy glow.
Your fairy Halloween costume will now be complete thanks to your beautiful fairy makeup.