Are you wondering who the new and upcoming designers are this year? Who are the new innovative minds behind the styles we love today? Well if you’re asking this question, you are probably looking for alice+olivia.
Although they are newcomers to the fashion industry, this company shows that they know the business well. The Brand alice and olivia began in 2002 with Penn state classmates Stacey Bendet and Rebecca Matchett. The name of the company came from the first names of both of their mother’s.
With special connections, they got Andrew Rosen, the founder of Theory to become partner of the company. Ever since 2002, things have taken off and they have opened up different companies such as anthony+mo, a men’s cashmere sweater collection and their line of shoes in Payless to say the least.
Just recently they launched their fall of 2009 collection. I have listed below the fashions of their fall 2009 ready to wear line.
The best way to describe the collection for fall of 2009 is Funky and frilly with an androgynous edge. Each item is listed below.
1. Black sequin dress with a high collar, black tights and ankle wedge boots with buckle
2. Black shirt dress with zipper sleeve detail, black tights, and teal suede boots
3. Black tiered long sleeve mini dress with black leggings and peep toe studded ankle boots
4. Black and white distressed denim with oversized collar vest with black wedge boots with buckle
5. Oversized turquoise sweater, silver harem pants and white converse
6. Black shiny leggings with black beater, black and green coat and ankle studded peep toe boots.
7. Gray distressed denim with brown and yellow stripe long sleeve top with brown floral coat with white converse.
8. Purple, gray and black argyle sweater with purple suede skirt, black tights, and black converse.
9. Long oversized sweater, white beater and black tailored pants black wedge ankle boots with buckle.
10. Black tweed coat, black wide-waist belt, distressed tights and wedge ankle boots with buckle.
11. Gray oversized long sleeved top, black skinny pant, black peep toe platform mary-janes.
12. Black shiny legging, white lantern sleeve button down, and black tie black peep toe platform mary-janes.
13. Black distressed denim, white Marilyn Monroe top with oversized bow and black wedge ankle boots with leg warmers.
14. Black mini dress with bottom frills, white jacket with balloon collar and black ankle studded peep toe boots.
15. Black and gray tiered dress with bow on neck black sheer tights and black wedge ankle boots with buckle.
16. White button down top with tuxedo boyfriend jacket, black and white distressed denim and black wedge ankle boots with buckle.
17. Orange empire waist baby doll dress with distressed fishnet tights.
18. Black baby doll bubble dress with pink and tulle detail on right breast and tailored leather jacket and distressed fishnet tights.
19. Gray tailored pinstripe pant with cuff and black dolman sweater.
20. Gray low waist denim with black suspenders and black beater.
Their clothes are now sold in Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman, Scoop, Neiman Marcus as well as their boutique stores. The shoes can be found at selected payless stores nationwide.
The clothes are priced between $50-600 depending on what season they are and all the shoes are $49.99 at selected Payless stores.
When wearing alice+olivia, the best thing to keep in mind is that it should stay funky. They usually do this by a more conservative look and a dramatic pop of edginess for example in item 13, the plain t shirt and leans are edgy by the distressed denim and the giant bow on the shirt; Or in item 2 with the shirt dress with a splash of color with the teal boots. Keep this in mind and you’ll look hot with this new and innovative designer.