There are many creative ideas that you can utilize to decorate the exterior of your home and give it a wonderfully festive look for the Christmas holidays. Here are a few idea’s that will help your home look wonderful in the neighborhood.
1) Icicle lights that are white can give your home a snowed in look even when there is no snow on the ground. Simply trim the house in these wonderful lights and when they are lit it gives the illusion that there is at least six inches of snow on hour home. This can be a magical illusion if you live somewhere that it does not snow.
Here is a set of 70 LED Polar White Icicle Lights for only 24.99 per box.
2) Decorate your home using beautiful evergreen boughs. You can purchase these at any nursery or you can trim up a few tree’s that need trimming . Just be sure to cut the lower branches of a tree and seal it with a tree sealant so the tree is not injured and open to infection.
3) Be sure to adorn your house with a wonderful wreath. If you have a driveway gate place a huge wreath on it as well.
4) Look for Christmas flags at your local garden store and place one on your front porch. These lovely flags add a true festive air to any home. Garden Flags sells many beautiful Christmas flags to adorn your yard with. These sport images of Santa, snowmen, and the nativity.
5) Construct your own homemade manger using scrap wood and straw from a local feed store. You can even outline and paint figures to fill the manager with out of plywood.
6) Try blowup yard decorations. These are huge and tend to be quite inexpensive. They even light up. Visit Christmas Blowups online. You will be shocked to see how detailed and huge these blowups are. They have a wonderful selection and the prices are very reasonable. They offer a five foot Santa blow up in a chair that is actually animated. He is wonderfully detailed and only retails for $149.99.
7) Decorate your mailbox. You can wrap ribbon around it and present it as a large candy cane.
8) Buy window vinyls to place on your windows. These are inexpensive and children adore placing them on the windows.
9) Life size Christmas decorations for your yard are a way to make a bold statement. They are adored by young and old. Some of the Santa’s that they sell are truly amazing. They would look wonderful on someones roof. They even sell a life size Santa on a life size motorcycle.
10) Christmas light nets. These wonderful nets can be draped over tree’s and large shrubs. They even sell ones that make the lights appear to be chasing each other. Most of these lights are sold as LED nowadays. Here are a couple of sites that deal these wonderful decorating nets.
Christmas Light Source
11) Rope lights are wonderful to use on tree’s, columns, and along railing. These lights put on a fantastic light show and are easy to apply.
You can purchase rope lights at The Christmas Light Source for very reasonable prices.
12) Buy a prelit Christmas wreath. These wonderful huge wreaths light up and put on quite a show. You can purchase them at Christmas Decorations and Gift Store for reasonable prices. They also sell lighted garland.