Finding stylish quality men’s shoes less than $50, challenges even the most frugal shopper. A quick scan of mall-type stores such as Macy’s, Sears and Kohl’s reveals limited options for non-sale, regularly-priced men’s shoes in this price range.
If you shop locally you will likely spend hours running all over town, most likely to be frustrated in the end. If you are so lucky to find a decent shoe at a decent price, you may not find your size if your feet are too big, too wide, or too average.
Hooray for the Internet! Shopping cyberspace is a great way to discover top-rated shoes, new styles, and the biggest variety in your price range. More stores offer free shipping for both delivery and returns. If the shoe isn’t what you expected or doesn’t fit you can generally return them with minimal hassle.
My favorite on line shoe stores are www.shoebuy.com, www.shoes.com and www.martyshoes.com. Use your search engine to look for on-line coupons or promo codes. These stores tend to offer regular and seasonal deals. They also take credit and debit cards, and some even offer Pay Pal or similar options at checkout.
Whenever I shop for shoes for myself or other family members I look for shoes that real people rate highly for comfort, quality, and price. I also read the sizing information listed with the particular shoe or brand. Many retailers will tell you if the item runs true to size or if they recommend a smaller, larger or wider shoe.
Based on these criteria I looked for the most stylish and durable men’s shoes available for $50 or less. I focused on shoes in the dress and casual categories, and looked for shoes suitable for work and school. I did not include canvas shoes, flip-flops, or those squishy rubber clogs with the reptilian name. The following 5 shoes will serve you well this fall.
1. Giorgio Brutini Leather Oxford – http://www.shoebuy.com/giorgio-brutini-66001/243017/520618
Price: $49.95: This cap-toe leather oxford is available in black, brown and tan. The shoe fits true to size. This style compliments any business wardrobe. Customers rate this shoe 5 out of 5 and very comfortable. This is great value for the price. The shoe is available at www.shoebuy.com. Shoebuy.com has free shipping and free return shipping.
2. Men’s Zengara Fine Leather Square Toe Oxford – http://www.shoebuy.com/zengara-30044/136846/315786 Price: $45.95: This square toe oxford is available in black, brown, new tan and tan. The cushioned interior and leather exterior rate 4 and 5 stars from the majority of customers. The shoe is reviewed as true to width and size.
3. Sketcher’s Alley Cats: These brown lace-up boots and have a padded insole and back. This leather oxford is stylish and durable. These would be great shoes for casual Friday. At $49.99 it’s hard to find a better value.
4. GBX Black Woven Leather Oxford rounds out any business attire in style. This shoe has a ¾” stacked heal with a durable rubber sole. The shoe is available at: www.shoes.comthttp://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1155462&pg=5096197. Priced at $42 the shoes are a bargain for a slick business or dress look.
5. Van’s Men’s Rata Plus is a suede Chukka style boot. These are all the rage this fall. The Vans name means quality and style. These shoes are bargain priced at $ 47.00. Check them out at: http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1138296&pg=5086381.
It can be tough to find decent shoes for men at a reasonable price. If you are willing to take the time to look on-line, however you will probably find something that fits your style and budget. Happy shopping!