The winter is on its way, and with the cold comes ungodly energy bills, but after reading this article you will have no fear of the energy bill this winter. There are many expensive and complicated ways to save money on your energy bill, but if you are like most people you do not have the money for expensive upgrades, and you are looking for cheap ways to cut energy costs. This article will describe several easy and free ways to cut energy cost during the winter.
1. During the winter many people love to cook and bake, and a fresh loaf of bread with some soup is a great way to warm up in winter, and it is a great way to save on energy costs as well. Remember when you cook to turn down the heat in your kitchen and surrounding rooms because the heat from your oven will help warm the air. Also remember to leave your oven open after you are done using it to provide more warmth. This easy way to cut energy costs during the winter will help you save.
2. Another simple and free way to cut energy costs during the winter is to stop heating rooms you do not use. If you have a spare bedroom you can save energy and cut costs by shutting the heater off in that room and keeping the door closed. If you spend most of your time in one room you can turn the heater off in other rooms to conserve heat; when you plan on using that room again simply turn the radiator on a few minutes before you enter the room.
3. Another easy way to save on energy during the winter is by washing your clothes with cold water. White clothes are generally washed with hot water, but this is not necessary, and if you wash your whites with bleach or laundry detergent with color safe bleach in it they will still come out white. Using less hot water will save you energy all year round, but it will especially help cut costs on your energy bill because it takes more energy to heat water in the winter time.
4. Changing your routine a little bit is another free and easy way to save o n energy bills because the sun sets earlier in the winter. If you rearrange your schedule so that you do things that require light in and around your home during the sunny hours you can do things that do not need a lot of light at night. For instance read your mail in the day time when you can use sunlight and watch television in the dark at night to save on energy bills.
5. When you snuggle up at night use an extra blanket instead of turning the heat up. Lowering you heat before you go to bed is a simple and free way to cut on energy costs this winter. Simply throwing a thing blanket over your regular blanket will create a second barrier that will trap all of your body heat in; this is an excellent way to save on energy and save money.
Your energy bill does not have to leave you broke this winter, and you do not have to spend hundreds of dollars to cut your energy costs either. These energy saving ideas will help you cut costs on your energy bill for free this winter.