When winter comes there is less light and it is much colder out, and kids will be spending much more time indoors. The winter is a good time for fun activities for parents and children, and there are lots of great thing you can do with your kids during the winter time. This article will discuss several fun winter activities for parents and children.
1. A fun activity that parents can do with their kids is stencil, sponge paint, or wallpaper a wall. Stenciling, sponge painting, or wallpapering is a fun and easy way to customize a room, and it is fun for parents and children alike. You can pick any room for this project, and children and parents will both be impressed with their creation every time they see it. You can choose to change just one wall or you can create a border; if you are feeling very productive alter the entire room.
2. A fondue dinner is a lot of fun for kids, and this warm treat is a fun way for parents to be creative with their kids. For this fun winter activity you can choose a chocolate or cheese fondue. If you are going to use cheese serve it with meats, vegetables, and small pieces of bread; if you are planning a chocolate fondue add a little bit of vegetable oil or cream to the chocolate it make it soft, and serve your chocolate fondue with small pieces of bread and different fruit. Keep the fondue warm by heating it with a sterno candle, and use skewers to dip your fruits and veggies in the fondue. This winter activity is fun for parents and children.
3. Movie night is another classic way for parents to have fun with their children I the winter, but spice it up by making it a pizza and a movie night and make homemade pizza. You can buy premade dough or crust at a local supermarket, and remember to buy all different types of toppings so children can experiment. Have fun making many different pizzas, and enjoy your meal while watching a good movie.
4. Sledding is a fun winter activity for parents and children, and you can drive around ahead of time to pick out great sledding spots. Remember to bring a thermos of hot cocoa, and dress in warm clothes. Bringing extra gloves is always good when your hands get wet. You can use a store bought sled, or the more inventive can use pieces of linoleum, garbage can lids, and garbage bag wrapped pieces of cardboard.
5. During the winter it is fun for parents to drive around and look at Christmas lights, but an even more fun activity is a holiday decoration treasure hunt. Parents can make a list of all the things they might see when out looking at holiday decorations and lights. Then parents can give their children the lists, and the first one to see everything on their list wins a prize.
6. Having a game night is another fun winter activity for parents and children, and you should pick various games that everyone enjoys. Feel free to play board games, card games, and physical games. Changing up the pace of the games is a fun activity for winter, and it will provide parents and children with hours of laughter.
7. Making holiday presents is a fun winter activity that parents can do with their children. There are several holidays in the winter time, and parents can help children make presents for the special people in their lives.
8. Creating a dry erase board for homework and activities is a fun project for parents and children to do together in the winter time. For this project you will need foam letters, glue, white contact paper, and an old cookie sheet. Simply cover the cookie sheet in the contact paper and help your children to glue their name on the top of the cookie sheet. This is an easy winter activity that is fun and useful.
Winter is the perfect time for children to do fun activities with their family, and this article will provide you with many fun and easy activities for parents and children. Try these ideas this winter, and you will have a great time with your children.