Bladder infections, also urinary tract infections are a very common ailment in both men and women. They are caused by bacteria growing in your bladder and are more common in females than males. The symptoms can range from mild discomfort to felling sick to the stomach. These are signs to look for to indicate that you are getting an infection:
1. A burning sensation when you urinate
2. Urinating often
3. Pressure while urinating
4. The feeling that you need to urinate again
5. Inability to urinate
6. Blood in urine
7. Lower back pains
Doctors prescribe antibiotics to treat bladder infection. However, since we have good bacteria in our body as well as the bad, antibiotics will attack the good when it is taking care of the bad. If you have repeat bladder infections, eventually the body is going to become resistant to the antibiotics. It may be a good idea to try the following home remedies to get rid of your bladder infection:
1. Stop drinking carbonated beverages once you see the sings. Instead drink eight glasses of water a day. When you drink more water, you have a better chance of flushing the toxins out of your body.
2. Drinking cranberry juice prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of your bladder. However, make sure that you drink 100% pure juice. If you drink juice that has added sugar, it may make your infection worse. If you do not like the taste of straight cranberry juice, get one that has another juice mixed in, such as cranapple.
3. Purchase cranberry capsules from the health food store. They contain d-mannose which is the main property in cranberries.
4. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of warm water. Drink three times a day.
To prevent bladder infections from occurring:
1. If you have to urinate. Do so. Do not keep holding it in until you are about to burst.
2. Keep your genital area clean. Make sure when you use soap to make sure the area is completely rinsed off.
3. Wear cotton underwear. Your underwear needs to breath. When you have manmade fabrics they tend to get wet and moist and allow bacteria to grow.
4. Wear looser pants. If your jeans are too tight, they can push bacteria into the urethra.
5. If you are a female, wipe from front to back after you urinate.
6. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugary drinks
7. Eat natural yogurt. This has the good bacteria which can fight the bad.
When you follow these simple remedies, you bladder infection will disappear in no time at all. However, see your doctor if the symptoms do not go away. They can be a sign of a kidney infection.