Following is an update on the Hot News Quickies for Monday, August 3, 2009. This is a quick taste of what’s happening. You can always catch up on the full stories after you have had your coffee.
Birthday – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
August 3rd Birthday Folks
1926 – Tony Bennett (Old dude singer)
1951 – Jay North (Dennis the Menace)
1977 – Tom Brady (quarterback hunk)
Thought of the Day – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
Even when we feel the most alone, we are not alone at all.
Newbie Tip – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
In case you missed it, saul relative had over 1,000,000 page views in a month – yes, you read that right, in a month! What saul has accomplished is beyond words. So all you newbies out there, keep plugging away!
Trivia – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
1. Who said, “Never eat more than you can lift.”
2. What sense is most closely linked to memory?
3. In 1790 when the first census was taken was the largest city?
4. When Animal Crackers were introduced in 1902 what was the purpose of the string on the box?
5. Do penguins have knees?
Capt. Michael “Scott” Speicher – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
When I first turned on CNN Sunday morning and heard the discussion on this, it really was amazing to remember that he was shot down 18 years ago. His poor family, all this time not knowing for sure if he truly was dead or not. There were so many theories and now the truth is finally known. The first night of the first Gulf War, it sends chills down my spine . . .Rest in Peace Captain Michael Speicher.
Sports – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
* Michael Phelps left the World Championships with 5 gold medals. Not bad.
* Michael Vick – a man on run…running from team to team hoping to find a team who wants to play with him.
* Tiger Woods won the Buick Open which gave him his 69th PGA Tour Title of his career and he is only 33 years old. Quite a talent!
* Heavy rain along the east cost was the reason for the Pocono Sprint Cup race to be postponed until today, Monday, at 12:15 PM. You can’t do much when Mother Nature makes the calls!
A Special Thanks – Hot News Quickies – Monday, August 3, 2009
Han Van Meegerin has been interviewing AC Contributors for a while now and after completing one for him myself I know how much time and effort he puts into these interviews. He actually went back to the beginning of my time at AC and read several of my first attempts at writing! If you didn’t get a chance to read it just click on his link and catch up on my interview or pick some of the others he has done. Han, thanks again for asking and thanks for taking the time to care!
1. Miss Piggy
2. The sense of smell
4. A novelty to be hung from the Christmas tree
5 Yes, penguins do have knees