How to freestyle rap with the best of them a step by step course of becoming a better rap artist!
1. Find a instrumental you are comfortable with some thin that has a slow beat and flows good. These can be found many places my favorite is SoundClick where they have a large database of free instrumentals to be used by Artist.
2. Practice rhyming this can be easily done with a friend play the rhyming game say a word and have the other person rhyme with that word such as, Dog he says Frog you say Hog go on and on the first person that cant think of a word within a few seconds looses. This helps you so much in the long run!
3. Perfect your flow this can be done by doing a thing I call the ghetto ABC’s this can be easily done by saying ‘ A TO THE BE TO THE C TO THE D TO THE E ‘ all the way to Z, If you can master this in one breath A to Z you are goin to be a master at flowing I can promise you that.
4. Relax and have fun with your freestyle I highly recommend starting off with a instrumental and freestyle rap by your self in your room take a subject such as School or maybe a object such as your vehicle and rap about it without written down lyrics the worst rap artist write them down and memorize them that is weak in the game of rap.
An example of a free style would be ” I got to go to school, When I show up I am about to act a fool, Here it goes again I broke another rule, I am in trouble like wearing red in front of a bull.” It can be anything like I said just have fun and try to keep your rhyming and your flow steady and relaxed.
5. Another form of freestyle practicing is have some one say a subject and you go off on that subject freestyling and after a minute or so have them say another subject with out you stopping and you just start freestyling about that subject, I have heard artist such as Eminem and many other’s use this method and it really does wonders if you can master it!
6. After you have mastered freestyling around your friends and yourself find another rap artist and do a battle. Just know that your going to probably loose the first few rounds but you will get better as you go I promise you that. If you can take the heat you are definitely now on your way of becoming a freestyle king.
7. Do’s and Don’ts of Freestyling, Do not ever freestyle verses you wrote down this is so lame and is not considered a freestyle! Do rhyme about things or maybe funny subjects on the person you are battling against such as not limited to ‘ Weight, Height, Money, Hair Color, ‘ Those are mostly tolerated for the most part but do not include skin color or racist remarks this is totally stupid and way wrong, Some lines you should not cross and that is one I believe. The battle is just that a battle that happens try not to take personal attacks at some one while freestyling that will carry on after the battle. Leave it on the battle grounds folks!
8. Last but not least just have fun with your freestyle and battles & keep practicing things will eventually look up I promise.
Take care and God Bless