My mother had triple by-pass heart surgery before she was fifty years old and heart disease runs in our family. I am always interested in find new ways to promote heath health and one of the most important ways is to lower high cholesterol. I prefer to reduce my cholesterol by natural cholesterol lowering supplements rather than medications. A healthy diet rich in the best cholesterol lowering supplements is high on my list of priorities for me and for my family.
1. Promise Supershots for Cholesterol is a great cholesterol-lowering supplement that you can add to your diet. My mother drinks these yogurt-like shakes to help keep her high cholesterol in check. They come in four flavors – blueberry, strawberry, raspberry and peach – that taste great and are easy to work into a healthy diet. The natural plant sterols in the drinks are clinically proven to help remove cholesterol from your body.
2. Oat bran is naturally reduces cholesterol in our bodies and is a great source of fiber for a healthy digestive system. Nutrim is a cholesterol-reducing supplement that mixes with water, juice, yogurt, cereal and smoothies to help you reduce your cholesterol. This easy-to-use supplement will “bind to the fat in your stomach and carry it out” thereby reducing the amount of fat in your body and lowering your overall cholesterol score.
3. Artichoke is a natural supplement to reduce cholesterol. A compound called cynarin, found in artichokes, increases the liver’s production of bile and boosts the flow of bile from the gallbladder. What most people may not understand is that bile is essential to the excretion of excess cholesterol from our bodies. You can find artichoke supplements online at vitamin retailers such as eVitamins or at your local health food store.
4. Barley is another natural cholesterol-reducing grain that has long been used in healthy diets to maintain cholesterol. Barley contains the same type of soluble fiber found in many fruits and vegetables. If you do not like to consume barley for the taste, there are supplements that you can purchase that will give you the same benefits of a diet rich in barley. As with artichoke supplements, you can find these at your local vitamin or health food store and online at retailers such as Puritan’s Pride or Swanson Health Products.
5. Heart Savioringredients in Heart Savior include red yeast rice, niacin, selenium and plant sterols & stanols, which have all been shown to help the body reduce the total level of bad cholesterol. According to Dr. Carlson, he has developed this formula using the exact combination of minerals and other ingredients to achieve the desired results for a healthier heart. was developed by Dr. R. Carlson and contains ingredients that have been shown to help reduce cholesterol. The