No Hanukkah Celebration would be complete without a menorah. After all Hanukkah is also called the Festival of Lights. If you don’t have one you can easily make one with just a few inexpensive craft supplies and a tree branch from your yard. This is an easy project that even kids can make and is also eco-friendly since it uses a tree branch for the base of the menorah.
How To Make A Tree Branch Menorah
This is a beautiful table top Menorah that is easy and inexpensive to make using a tree branch from your yard.
Tree branch from your yard ( Can also purchase a Manzanita Branch on line)
Silver or white acrylic paint
9 candle clips
3/4-inch circle craft punch
2 sheets of Vellum paper
Silver glitter ( optional)
Plastic table covering
Paint brushes ( medium sized)
- Cover work area with plastic table covering.
- Choose a medium sized tree branch with several smaller branches on it from your yard.
- Paint tree branch silver.or white using acrylic paint.
- While wet sprinkle glitter all over the branch. (optional)
- Allow to dry.
- Clip candle clips all along the branch.
- Trace nine 3 ” six pointed stars on the vellum.
- Cut out star shapes.
- Using the 3/4 craft punch, cut out the center of each star.
- Place each star over the candle clip.
- Insert Hanukkah candles into the clips.
Where To Purchase Materials Needed
Manzanita branch www.save-on-crafts.com
Candle clips www.allthingsbright.com
All other materials can be purchased at your local craft store.
If you don’t have a craft punch make a hole in the center of the Vellum by inserting the point of a sharpened pencil and wriggling around to enlarge the hole.
Before lighting candles make sure that your branch is stable and won’t tip over. Place branch away from any objects that can catch on fire and out of the reach of children
Never leave a lit Menorah unsupervised to prevent an accidental fire.
Poster board can be substituted for the Vellum paper and modeling clay can be molded on the branches instead of using candle clips.
With just a few craft supplies and a little creativity kids can turn an inexpensive ordinary tree branch into beautiful Eco friendly Hanukkah Menorah that will compliment any decor