Here is how to order contact lenses online.
Get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist who will write you a prescription and assist you in choosing suitable lenses. Note your contact lens prescription & eyeglass prescription are NOT the same, so make sure you get a prescription specifically for contacts.
This is the information you’ll need to input when you order contact lenses online:
Dia – Diameter; OD – Right Eye; OS – Left Eye; BC – Base Curve; OU – Both Eyes; Axis – (Toric lenses only); Cyl – Cylinder (Toric lenses only). Also make sure you have your eye doctor info handy, name, telephone/fax numbers, address etc.
Locate a reputable online store to order from. Here are some things to look for in a store when you order contact lenses online:
– Thawte 100% Secure; Trust e; BBB Online Reliability; VeriSign Secured Logo; Cybertrust Secured Site; Hacker Safe – Any online store you order from should have at least one of these security features. This will give you a peace of mind to know that your online purchases will be secure and protected
– Bizrate – What are actual buyers are saying about the company, their products and service. Bizrate will give you great feedback.
– 1-800 number where you can talk to someone live if you should have any problems.
That’s the HOW, so WHY should you order contact lenses online? Here are some of the BENEFITS:
* Saving Money – Much better prices (as much as 70% in savings). Endless coupons, specials, discounts, rebates and FREE SHIPPING offers to save you even more money. When you order contact lenses online, they can pass savings onto you because they eliminate the middle man therefore you are not paying for the store owners profits, employees, taxes, rent ect.
* Convenience – Online stores are open 24hrs a day, which mean you can buy contact lenses online ANYTIME at your convenience, plus they ship right to your door, many times even for free!!
* Selection – Huge almost unlimited selection (hundreds to choose from). You will NOT get the same selection at your corner store.
* Saving Time – In a few clicks you can compare prices and place your order. Total time less than 10 minutes. Compare that with driving to the store, keeping your fingers cross that they have what you are looking for in stock, waiting in line, driving back home. Less than 10 minutes? Not likely.