Urinary Tract Infection or UTI is one the most common infections that women (majority) from all over the world encounter. According to a report, more than 9 million visits to the doctor’s clinic are due to Urinary Tract Infection every year. The main reason for this alarming number of cases of Urinary Tract Infection is due to the lack of knowledge on how to avoid UTI. Here are some of the tips you can follow in order to avoid UTI:
1. Always clean the toilet seat before using one. Dirty toilet seats are easy ways for you to contract UTI. It is also of utmost importance that you clean the toilet seat after you use it.
2. Never resist the urge to urinate, in other words, never “hold” the urge to urinate. Any women are guilty of this practice. Holding urine increases the chances of the bacteria to cause a Urinary Infection.
3. Always flush your urinary tract well, hence washing always all sweat and bacteria drink plenty of water every day.
4. Take Vitamin C supplements and also include vitamin C rich food items in your diet. Vitamin C is very effective in preventing UTI and MANY more diseases. Hence, consume fruits like lemon and orange, which are natural sources of Vitamin C.
5. Cranberry Juice, it is the most effective and natural way to both prevent and cure Urinary Tract Infection. Just 8 ounce of cranberry juice daily (taken in 2 doses mostly) is often good enough to prevent UTI and also speed up the recovery in the case of an infection.
6. Always take shower bath and avoid bath tubs as far as possible. Showers provide minimal chance for bacterial infection while a bath tub provides AMPLE chance to contract UTI.
7. Always wipe well after bowel movement from your body.
8. If you are one of those people who frequently contract with UTI, then a change in your sexual position goes a long way in reducing the risk of infection.
9. Another important thing that most people miss out on is panties. Always wear cotton ones that absorb the sweat and moisture. Avoid other fabrics which trap sweat and moisture, increasing the chances for UTI causing bacteria to enter your body.
10. Consult your doctor regularly and get medical check-up’s done to prevent Urinary Tract Infection.
So there you are, tips that will ensure that you never contract UTI. Just remember that in the case of an infection, it is always best to consult the doctor and that Prevention is MUCH better than cure.