Holiday expenses add up quickly. It starts with the decorations and gifts, moves on to wrapping paper and gift bags, and culminates in shipping expenses. There are ways to limit each of those expenses, though, and this article will help you decide how to find the best way to ship your package without costing you a fortune.
5. Use flat-rate priority USPS shipping envelopes and boxes. If you can fit it into the box, it doesn’t matter how much it weighs, you pay just one flat rate. Even better, the postal service guarantees faster service with these boxes, so if you happen to be a procrastinator, you still may be able to get it to your recipient on time!
4. Pare down the Christmas card list and send only to those you heard from in the past year or two and save on Christmas postage stamps. Instead of that annual family newsletter, send out an email or start a family blog and send out links to your loved ones. While blogs may initially feel cold or impersonal, they can actually be a lot of fun when your loved ones can see pictures of your family, post comments, and read regular updates instead of waiting for that annual holiday letter. Try blogger.com or googleblog.blogspot.com to get started.
3. Comparison shop. You comparison-shop before any major purchase, but most of us have just one go-to shipping option when it comes to postage. This year, shop around to find the best price. It may not always be where or what you think. Check out http://www.usps.com/, ups.com, or fedex.com, plug in your packages dimensions and shipping information, and have the best price readily available. You may even be able to print your Christmas postage and arrange package pickup directly from your computer, saving you time and money!
2. Ship site-to-store. Many large stores now offer this option, and it’s well worth taking advantage of. Simply order your item online and have the item sent to the store, rather than to your home, and get free shipping. Simply stop in to the store and pick up your package!
1. And my number one way to save on Christmas postage? Many sites offer free shipping for members, free shipping coupons, free shipping for certain order sizes, free shipping for – oh, you name it! Free shipping is the BEST way to save on shipping, and many places will even mark it as a gift so that you can have it shipped directly to your loved one! Look for free shipping offers and coupons athttp://www.dealtaker.com/freeship.html, with coupon codes for Benefit, Avon, Toys R Us, and much more. Freeshipping.org has coupon codes, offers, and free shipping links for Target, Amazon, Victoria’s Secret, and more. And billmelater.com has free shipping offers from Cabelas, Borders, PetSmart, and more.