Just about a year ago, a few burglars broke into our home and took off with a big chunk of our money. The burglars had broken in through the windows. I had those large windows that looked beautiful; later I realized these were also easy targets for burglars looking to break in. Ever since that day, I have taken numerous steps in order to ensure the safety of my family and the money. There are many ways you can do this and there also many precautions you will have to take. Here are some of the ways you can secure your home’s windows:
1. The first thing you will have to do is to evaluate your home’s windows. Take a notepad and evaluate all the windows of you place paying special attention to the basement windows and those windows that are easily assessable by anyone outside. Also note the type of windows and their relative strength. Note the type of lock that currently holds the windows.
2. See the type grilling for your windows. Grills are the best and the cheapest way to secure your windows effectively. There are many fashionable window grills available that give you both the looks and security. Further, inspect the strength of the grills.
TIP: If you want a classy yet sturdy option for window grills, try vertical cylindrical rods, these are easy to clean and yet are very secure making it quite the ideal option.
3. Glass is the most common material used in windows, but it may not be the safest option. Glass can be easily broken by the intruders to enter the home but glass is not the worst option as it offers some level of defense to the intruder.
4. But if you still feel uncomfortable with glass windows, you can always use polycarbonate windows. Polycarbonate is impossible to cut or break either. They look just like glass and they are much stronger than average glass. It can also be beautified by engraving art on it; this greatly adds to the elegance and panache of your place.
The only shortcoming with these polycarbonate windows is that they get scratched very easily. Any pointed object can do much damage to them.
WARNING: If you use polycarbonate windows, make sure you do not use products that have ammonia in them. Ammonia makes these windows cloudy. Most cleaning agents have ammonia in them. So make sure you are watchful about this.
5. You can always install the various alarm systems available in the market in order to secure your windows.
6. Owning a dog is also a great way to ensure your home’s safety. Train your dog to bark at strangers.
There you have it, great ways you can easily secure your home’s windows. Just follow these and enjoy the peace of mind.