Spotting a fake Fendi handbag is much more difficult then spotting some of the other bags like Chanel or Coach. Although Fendi is some of the most coveted bags on the market today. Therefore they are some of the most popular knock-offs. The differences in the fake Fendi handbags and the real thing are very subtle.
1. First and foremost is the quality if the leather. Fendi handbags are only made from high quality leather. The leather of this quality should easily stand up on its own with out collapsing in on it’s self. The smell of the leather is another dead give away. High quality leather fendi products are made out of should smell like leather. The fake Fendi handbags will smell like chemicals. This stems from the makers trying to achieve a shine and look of high quality leather.
2. Second is the hardware. All of the hardware should match exactly in both shine and color. All high end handbag makers will cover the hardware in a plastic that is only meant to be removed after the time of purchase. If this is not there you are probably looking at a Fake Fendi handbag.
3. The third is another small difference but in the high end market it makes a big difference. The stitching of the bag should match the main coloring of the bag. The stitching should be nicely even spaced. No loose threads or slightly askew threads should be present.
4. If you look again on the hardware the logo should be engraved not printed or embossed on. Even on a leather bag the logo should be engraved. Most fake Fendi bags will be just printed on.
5. Now the next thing to look at is the inside of the purse. Most of the linings are of a high quality satin. High quality satin should present a high even shine. Most of all the lining should be stitched on. Most counterfeit Fendi bags will only glue the lining into the bag.
6. Price is another dead give away. True Fendi handbags will range in price from $300-$600 for models like the Fendi Micro Anniversary Baguette to almost $3,000 for a Fendi Micro Anniversary Baguette. There are models with higher prices then these,but if you are about to pay only $20-$50 for a Fendi it is probably a fake.
There are several other ways to tell. One is do a little research before you plan to buy and know what the model you are looking for looks like straight from the Fendi website. Compare that with the product you are wanting to buy. Lastly all Fendi handbags will come with an authenticity card that should match the serial number inside the bag.
I only hope that some of this will help you the consumer make an informed decision when you plan to purchase your next or even your first Fend handbag.