I faced turning the big “4-0” last year but I have been facing the “change” for many years due to a hysterectomy in my early thirties. Women in their forties begin to see their skin change because of hormones, aging and the environment. Skin care for women in their forties has become a large part of the beauty products industry. I have tried the skin care products below, or have a close friend or relative that has tried them, and each of these skin care products is great for women in their forties.
1. ArbonneArbonne’s anti-aging line of products has reduced those fine lines I began to see after turning 40 and given my complexion a new glow. The products range in price from $20 to $60 but are well worth the cost. – I was introduced to this line of beauty and skin care products by winning a gift basket at a crafts fair. I tried them at home, was thrilled with the results, and reordered most of the products I had used from the gift basket. For women in their 40s, wrinkles and lines become a concern.
2. Rodan + Fields Reverse – Dr. Rodan and Dr. Fields are the dermatologists that developed Pro-Active for acne and they now have an entire skin care line. My friend had used Pro-Active in her 20s and now uses their Reverse line of products now that she is in her 40s to help with sun damage and brown spots. She swears by their Reverse Regimen ($160) which has a combination of ingredients that lightens brown spots, protects from further sun damage and gives a luminous healthy complexion.
3. Murad is another excellent line of skin care products for women in their forties. Their anti-aging products address several issues facing women in their forties such as loss of firmness, fine lines & wrinkles, age spots and uneven skin tone. Murad products are designed to work together for cleansing, moisturizing and treating skin as women age and hormones begin to change. My mother has been using these products for several years and is very happy with the results in the overall appearance and health of her skin. You can purchase products online for as low as $40 for a month’s supply of the 3-step regimen.
4. I sold Avon to supplement my income and was very surprised at the quality of their skin care products for the price. Their skin care is high quality and very affordable – – you receive an ample supply of each product for a low price. One of the new products that Avon has developed is the Anew line of skin care. These products target issues with skin that women face as they begin to age such as the wrinkles and a general loss of elasticity and firmness. As a representative (I am no longer though), I tried most of the Anew products and liked all of them very much. I still use the Anew Force Extra products every day and have gotten great results from them.
5. Emerita is a brand of skin care that I have not tried but I am very intrigued by it. They are a woman-owned company that specifically serves women in their 40s and has been doing so since the 1970s. I like the idea that the company is owned by women and targeted to women in their 40s because only another women who has gone through the changes women do in their 40s understands what is needed. According to their website, they have a variety of skin care products for women in their 40s that are targeted to the specific needs and changes in the skin. If anyone has tried this line of products, please let us all know by commenting below.