In today’s world of advanced technology and communication, there is an increasing number of jobs that can be preformed from the comfort of your home. Here are five specific jobs that you can apply for and start working on today.
1. Medical Transcriptionist – Medical transcriptionist are work from home professionals that dictate medical doctor’s notes into text. These notes generally include information about a patient’s health history or current condition. Many companies such as insurance companies, medical health companies, and medical transcriptionist companies hire these workers.
2. Teachers and Tutors – Since the internet became mainstream there has been an increasing demand for teachers to help students in distant locations with their homework or school studies. This is a flexible job that allows you to work with students when they are at home in the evenings or on the weekends. Check with local school, universities and online tutoring companies for these type of positions.
3. Virtual Assistant – Virtual assistants are in demand more and more these days. This is actually a very big field in the online world. Many executives are too busy to handle all their day to day task and thus search qualified assistants to help them keep caught up on their duties. You see many small businesses hiring virtual assistants because it allows them to be flexible with their business and keep things organized at the same time. Virtual Assistants can actually make pretty good money with companies paying anywhere from $12-$50/hr. To find this type of work just do a quick Internet search and you’ll find many companies that help other companies hire for these positions.
4. Remote Technical Support – Information Technology is also a growing and in demand field. Every business lives off the use of computers, systems, and software programs and these tools have technical glitches and bugs in them. These businesses need experts that can help them fix the problems. These problems can be fixed from a remote location. There you go. Telecommuting at its finest.
5. Telemedicine Personnel – This profession has started to spring up over the past several years and makes sense from a telecommuting standpoint. These professionals are nurses and practitioners that help people with advice on medicine and other health related issues either over the phone or via Internet web conferencing. This is a great way to get help when your matter isn’t urgent and can be taken care of over the phone without having to stand in line or sit in a waiting room at a doctor’s office. Companies that hire for this position include insurance companies, hospitals, and doctor’s offices.
Now that you know what is possible start to look around and apply for positions that you think fit your qualifications. You never know when the right opportunity will come along.