Though I might not always agree what Miley Cyrus does in her spare time, her character from the Disney Channel has some pretty catchy tunes that empowers young girls. Whereas the media is focused on the dirty details of Miley’s life, Hannah’s wholesome views and quirky characteristics make people forget that Hannah doesn’t actually exist.
The radio is plagued by songs about sex and drugs by way of explicit language, and yet, millions flock to Hannah Montana concerts, exchanging that for puppy love and catchy rhymes.
Now I’m not running around with a Hannah Montana undershirt under all of my clothes but I will admit to knowing a lot of her songs. Disney has trained me to flock to it and all it’s creations. However, there are songs I’ll admit to having on my iPod.
10. Super Girl — What girl doesn’t wish she was a super hero? But what this song is really about is being strong for yourself because in the end, you can be your own hero.
9. Rock Star — This song addresses the different dimensions to everyone around you. Judging a book by its cover is not always the best idea because you never know who is standing right next to you until you take a chance.
8. Best of Both Worlds — A lot of us dream to be celebrities because of the lifestyle. Celebrities wish they were common folk because of that same lifestyle. A lot of the times, neither party appreciates what they have. But Hannah Montana/Miley Stewart gets to enjoy them both.
7. This Is The Life — This is about going for your dreams and holding onto them before they slip through your fingers. Inspirational? I think yes.
6. I Got Nerve — Confidence is key to getting what you want whether it’s a boy (or girl) or your dream. Hannah say ‘Get what you deserve’.
5. The Other Side of Me — Dualities are common in life no matter who you are, from Hannah Montana to average Brittany DeMauro. But everyone goes deeper than the surface and yet not many people take the time to delve in there. We are all more than meets the eye.
4. Life’s What You Make It — Reminiscent of many other Disney songs before it, (“When You Wish Upon a Star” and “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes”?) this song is about going for your dreams. It inspires everyone to go for what they want head first, to get exactly what you want.
3. Nobody’s Perfect — We’ve been told this time and time again but Hannah goes for a different approach. No, we’re not perfect but there will be a time to get things right.
2. Who Said — Life is all about questioning the possibilities. No matter what people expect you to be, Hannah says she can be anyone.
1. If We Were A Movie — Being the obsessive screenwriter I am, I dream my life was a movie. This song is the epitome of how I feel sometimes. Though it’s not realistic all the time, I find comfort in dreaming up how my life would be as a movie. But she did say ‘if”…