The upsets started on Thursday with South Carolina beating Mississippi (ranked 6th) 16-10 on Thursday. The upsets continued with #13 Florida State falling to South Florida 17-7 at home. California (ranked 4th) was routed by Oregon 42-3. Iowa stunned Penn State (ranked #8) 21-10. Washington (12th ranked) hurriedly exited My Rankings thanks to a 34-12 Stanford win. New to the rankings this week are #7 Iowa, #11 South Florida, #13 Auburn, #23 Missouri, #24 Wisconsin and #25 Texas A&M. Big games this week are #4 LSU at Georgia, #12 USC at California, and #16 Oklahoma at #22 Miami.
1) Florida (4-0) ripped Kentucky 41-7. However, Kentucky handed Tim Tebow a ride to a hospital. The Gators have a week to recover before LSU.
2) Texas (4-0) rolled past UTEP 64-7. Texas has a week off before hosting Colorado.
3) Alabama (4-0) rolled past Arkansas 35-7. The Crimson Tide visit Kentucky Saturday.
4) LSU (4-0) survived Mississippi State 30-26. The Tigers travel to Georgia on Saturday.
5) Boise State (4-0) routed Bowling Green 49-14. Boise State plays California-Davis on Saturday.
6) Virginia Tech (3-1) ripped Miami 31-7. The Hokies travel to Duke on Saturday.
7) Iowa (4-0) defeated Penn State 21-10. Iowa hosts Arkansas State on Saturday. I had them ranked 19thbefore the season started. They dropped out due to a close game with Northern Iowa. However, double digit wins over Iowa State, Arizona and now Penn State gets you rewarded.
8) Houston (3-0) topped Texas Tech 29-28. The Cougars host UTEP on Saturday.
9) Oregon (3-1) rolled past California 42-3. The Ducks host Washington State on Saturday.
10) Nebraska (3-1) bounced back with a 55-0 win over Louisiana-Lafayette Nebraska is off
until next Thursday when they travels to Missouri.
11) South Florida (4-0) defeated FSU 17-7. The Bulls travel to Syracuse on Saturday. I had them
ranked #24 at the beginning of the season. However, a week schedule had them drop out.
12) USC (3-1) bounced back with a 27-6 win over Washington State. USC visits California
13) Auburn (4-0) defeated Ball State 54-30. The Tigers travel to Tennessee on Saturday. I wanted to rank them last week after their big win over West Virginia.
14) Ohio State (3-1) shut out Illinois 30-0 for the Buckeyes second straight shutout. Ohio
State travels to Indiana on Saturday.
15) BYU (2-1) bounced back with a 42-23 win over Colorado State. BYU hosts Utah State on Friday.
16) Oklahoma (2-1) were idle. The Sooners travel to Miami on Saturday.
17) TCU (3-0) defeated Clemson 14-10. The Horned Frogs host SMU on Saturday.
18) Kansas (4-0) held off Southern Miss 35-28. The Jayhawks have a week off before
hosting Iowa State.
19) Cincinnati (4-0) defeated Fresno State 28-20. The Bearcats travel to Miami (Ohio) on
20) Michigan (4-0) survived Indiana 36-33. The Wolverines travel to Michigan State on
21) Oklahoma State (3-1) routed Grambling 56-6. The Cowboys have a week off before
22) Miami (2-1) was thumped by Virginia Tech 31-7. The Hurricanes host Oklahoma on
23) Missouri (4-0) defeated Nevada 31-21. The Tigers wait for Nebraska next Thursday.
24) Wisconsin (4-0) defeated Michigan State 38-30. The Badgers travel to Minnesota on Saturday.
25) Texas A&M (3-0) defeated UAB 56-19. The Aggies host Arkansas on Saturday.
Fox Sports for scores and standings