Most people associate Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with spring and summer travel, but lately, Myrtle Beach has become a destination for all seasons. Here are some reasons Myrtle Beach South Carolina can be just as much fun in the cooler months, as in the warmer months.
1. The beach- You can walk on the beach anytime,hot or cold. In the fall or winter, with less people, you might find that special shell or perfect shark tooth. Walking in the sand is also great exercise!
2. Shopping- Myrtle Beach has many shopping opportunities. There are two Tanger Outlets, the Myrtle Beach Mall, the Coastal Grand Mall and numerous beach shops. There is also the waterside atmosphere offered at Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach, with many upscale shops.
3. Shows- Myrtle Beach has its’ share of nightly entertainment in the area. The Carolina Opry and The Alabama Theater covers all types of music including country, rock and even some classical pieces. The Dixie Stampede offers a show and a meal at the same time. All three present beautiful Christmas shows to celebrate the holiday season.
4. Restaurants- Hundreds of restaurants are located in The Myrtle Beach vicinity. Pancake houses, seafood eateries and steak places are everywhere. There are restaurants for every budget and taste. Most are open year round.
5.Pools-Find an accomodation with an indoor pool, so you can swim anytime.
6. Golf- Myrtle Beach has some of the best golf courses in the south. Most are available to play all year long.
7.Fishing-Myrtle Beach offers many fishing opportunities. You can cast off from the shore, a pier or go deep sea fishing fom a boat.
8. Downtown Attractions- Although the amusement and water parks are closed for the fall and winter seaons, there is still various activities in the downtown area. Arcade games are plentiful, with the always popular skee ball.There is the sky high Gay Dolphin Gift Cove, with many floors selling a variety of items. You can even pick your own clam shell, where you will find a beautiful pearl inside. The Guiness Book of World Records and the fascinating Ripleys’ Believe It or Not are both open all year.
9. Near By Destinations- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is close to many popular places. Historic Charleston is two hours away by car. Quaint Pawleys Island is about thirty five minutes from the downtown area. Lovely Brookgreen Gardens is located in Murrells Inlet. A two hour drive takes you to Wilmington , North Carolina, where many tours are available. You can even take a ferry to Bald Head Island and bicycle the day away.
By the previous examples, you can see how Myrtle Beach, South Carolina can be a fun place to visit year round. Many activities, attractions, and a mild climate are available for entertainment throughout the year. Maybe Myrtle Beach can become your fall and winter destination!