NFL Power Rankings: Week 13
1. New Orleans Saints – After Monday night’s game, they are indisputably the best team in the NFL (2)
2. Minnesota Vikings – I just get the feeling they’d beat the Colts if they played right now (3)
3. Indianapolis Colts – Dwight Freeny is banged up but even without him they were still able to make big plays on defense (1)
4. San Diego Chargers – Played an opponent they should clobber and they did exactly that (5)
5. Cincinnati Bengals – Had an unimpressive win over the Browns, but they are still in complete control to win the division (6)
6. Philadelphia Eagles – (8)
7. Pittsburgh Steelers – (9)
8.New England Patriots – (4)
9. Baltimore Ravens – It wasn’t all that pretty against a beat up Steelers team, but they got the win they had to have.
10. Arizona Cardinals – Without Warner this team will fall apart and could fall far in the power rankings with upcoming matchups against the Vikings and 49ers (7)
NFL Power Rankings 1-10 analysis: There’s starting to be more leaks than plugs on the New England defense. Plus Brady missed a couple throws that would have made for big plays… Pittsburgh went into Baltimore without its most important offensive and defensive players and still took the game to overtime. As long as Polomalu and Big Ben come back, the Steelers will climb back up the power rankings.
11. Green Bay Packers They did nothing to hurt their power rankings (11)
12. Denver Broncos (16)
13. Tennessee Titans – Is this team ever going to lose again? What a difference the Quarterback switch has made. They look like a completely different NFL team. (14)
14. Houston Texans – Without Owen Daniels the offense isn’t flowing like it was before.
15. Dallas Cowboys – (17) I’m not sold on Dallas at all. Demarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff are fantastic but it’s Romo’s time of the year to disappear.
16. Atlanta Falcons – They are hanging by a thread and now have Ryan and Turner hurt.
17. San Francisco 49ers Could shoot up in the NFL power rankings in the next couple weeks with wins (19)
18. New York Giants (12)
19. Jacksonville Jaguars – It’s hard to be a tough grind it out team when the defense gives up too many passing plays. (20)
20. New York Jets – They are going nowhere, but at least Sanchez can continue his development (23)
NFL Power Rankings 11-20 analysis: Denver has rebounded nicely after looking like they would completely fold the rest of the season… The Packers beat up on the Lions, but how will their injuries on defense affect them against real teams?… The Giants were a huge disappointment. The talent is still there for a turn around though. Remember during their Super Bowl run there was a point in that season where it looked like they may miss the playoffs… The 49ers surprised everybody, mainly the Jaguars by coming out in a spread offense and throwing the ball most of the time. Singletary gets the assist for saying that very thing wasn’t going to happen.
21. Chicago Bears – They went from a preseason Super Bowl pick to not even making the playoffs (21)
22. Seattle Seahawks – Have they found something with Justin Forsett? And if so, why did it take so long for him to get a chance? Julius Jones was in his way?? (24)
23. Carolina Panthers – How much longer will they let Delhomme do this. It’s getting a little ridiculous. (22)
24. Miami Dolphins – (18)
25. Washington Redskins – They are playing teams competitively but still losing. Is Jason Campbell the long term solution? (25)
26. Tampa Bay Bucs – It looks like Josh Freeman was a good pick. Now he can continue to learn the rest of the season (26)
27. Kansas City Chiefs – Jamaal Charles has looked pretty good. With a good draft next year and Cassel getting a full year to build chemistry, maybe they can start to improve in 2010 (27)
28. Buffalo Bills – Turning to Fred Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick has made this team look better (28)
29. Oakland Raiders – I’ve seen enough of Jarmacus Russell. He’s a bust and the Raiders need to just cut him and get somebody else in the next NFL draft (29)
30. St. Louis Rams – (30)
31. Detroit Lions – Stafford is taking his lumps ,but I think he’s gaining some valuable experience.
32. Cleveland Browns – Brady Quinn hasn’t shown he is the answer. This team is a total mess and needs 2 good drafts in a row to become decent. Clearly they are the worst NFL franchise and should be at the bottom of everyone’s power rankings. (32)
NFL Power Rankings 21-32 analysis: The Miami Dolphins are the biggest let down in the NFL this week. All they had to do was handle the Bills to get right back in the wild card picture. Instead they lose and the game ends up not being close. If there was any thought of Miami making any noise the rest of the way, it just flew right out the window thanks to Fred Jackson and Terrell Owens.