You have seen her on Good Morning America, the home page of Yahoo.com, almost every newspaper in America and all over YouTube. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines’ Oasis of the Seas has yet to sail her inagural voyage, but there is plenty of buzz about the largest cruise ship in the world.
The buzz on this ship is well deserved. With dozens of dining options, an aqua theater, a zip line, water park, ice skating rink, surf simulators, a park, fantastic entertainment venues, countless bars and over 2000 staterooms, this is not you parents or grandparents cruise ship. As the official inagural sailing approaches, the excitement this ship is generating will grow exponentially.
As interest in the Oasis of the Seas grows, so will reservations. However, if you plan to travel during some of the “prime” sailing times, you can expect to pay a hefty price to sail on this massive engineering marvel. For those really wanting to experience this ship, but not pay the hefty price, our friends over at Sun & Sea Travel (www.sunandseatravelpros.com) recommend you look at some of these dates:
1) September 25, 2010: Currently, this week is one of the cheapest sailing dates in the next 12 months. Interior staterooms start at $1029 per person, Balcony staterooms start at $1209 per person and Suites start at just $1789. In comparison to other weeks, this sailing is anywhere from 20% to 50% lower than the rates for other sailings.
2) November 27, 2010: If you need an escape between Thanksgiving and Christmas, this is one of the least expensive sailings you will find on the Oasis of the Seas. Interior staterooms start at $899 per person, Outside staterooms start at $969 per person and Balcony staterooms start at $1069 per person.
3) August 23, 2010: For families with a post-Labor Day return to school, this may be the perfect vacation for the last weeks of summer vacation. Interior staterooms start at $1199 per person, Balcony staterooms start at $1339 per person and Suites start at $2159 per person.
4) May 1, 2010: Before the heat of summer and the throngs of kids embark on summer vacation, this early May sailing is one of the best prices being offered over the upcoming year. Interior staterooms start at $1149 per person, Balcony staterooms start at $1419 per person and Suites start at just $2399 per person.
5) April 17, 2010: For those looking for the perfect spring time escape, this mid-April sailing may be the right choice. For many, this is the perfect time to sail, as school spring breaks are mostly over, summer break has not yet started and temperatures in the Caribbean are ideal. Interior staterooms start at $1279 per person, Outside Staterooms start at $1309 per person and Balcony Staterooms start at just $1489 per person.
Remember, these rates are based on double occupancy; thus 3rd and 4th person rates are often significantly lower. Taxes and government fees are additional.
The owners of Sun & Sea Travel are offering generous shipboard credits to everyone who books an Oasis of the Seas sailing. If you have not done so, log on to www.oasisoftheseas.com to see more of this remarkable ship.