Gucci has it hand in fashion and leather from silk scarf’s to leather handbags and even the interior of some very pricy sports cars. With over 2 billion in revenue, Gucci is the biggest selling Italian brand in the entire world. It is no wonder that there is fake Gucci popping up all over the place.
The perfect handbag, it is almost every girls dream. One that works with every outfit or one just the right size for everything they own. Or perhaps they want one that is stylish and fashionable to become the envy of all their friends. Whatever their reasons, women all across the world want to get their hands on Gucci. Because of there are people willing to profit on the success of Gucci by making fake handbags and other items to suck in a consumer who is interested.
Gucci handbags generally run over 400 US dollars so if your about to buy one that is significantly less then that, it certainly might be a fake. So how can you spot a fake Gucci handbag? Believe it or not, it’s actually very simple.
1. First it is important to look at the material of the handbag. Gucci is made from only the highest of quality of products including, leather and silk, but certainly not limited too. Real leather or animal skin is used to make most Gucci handbags and they are always made from a single piece of leather. So if you got a bad that is made with multiply pieces its not real. Because of this there should be no seams were the bag was stitched together after all, with one piece of leather there is no need for needless sewing. The bags are made from heavy duty material if you feel the bag and it does not give you the impression that it is a high quality piece of craftsmanship, you probably got a fake.
2. The stitching that would be on the bag would be only the highest of quality. We are talking about bags that run over 400 US dollars, these designer bags are specifically made to be perfect. You will not find a stitch out of place or poorly sewed. If the stitching is messy or the leather buckled in any fashion you certainly got a fake.
3. Any ‘hardware’ on the handbags such as zippers, buckles, and other trimmings should be in perfect condition. You will not find any scratches and the logo will be engraved on all pieces. If you are looking at a bag that has the logos embossed or printed on them then it is not a real bag and you should keep on going because it is these little ‘hardware’ items that will be the downfall of any fake.
4. If you find a bag with a dust cover you might think it is real. Truth be told there is still a chance it could be a fake. A light weight dust cover is a sure sign that it is a fake because the dust cover for a real Gucci handbag is heavy.
5. Look at the tags. Misspelled tags are actually a common thing and are a dead giveaway that the bag is a fake. Make sure you check all spots on the bag that have tags with the logo on them and check the spelling. If you got errors then it is definitely a fake. Also check the letters, if the G does not look like a G then it is a most likely a fake. Make sure the letters look like the Gucci logo.
6. Real Gucci comes with a dust bag and a Gucci box. If the bag you are eyeing is wrapped in plastic or not packaged at all then you probably got a fake.
You are probably wondering about places like EBay were you can generally buy things for a relatively cheap price. EBay has a no-tolerance policy for fakes so it is important that if you buy from EBay you keep all the information you have on the seller. EBay seller Second-Time-Around wrote a great article called How to Spot a Fake Gucci Bag/Purse! Learn B4 You Buy!
There are many places around the web and around the world where you can buy real Gucci. The best and first place to go is to the Gucci website. Here you can see what actual Gucci products look like and you can go to the Store Locations and find a number of places around the world were you can buy it.
Online you can buy real Gucci products at a number of places but here is a list of websites to get you started:
We all want to get good deals on items we really want but the fact remains, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Buying counterfeit items is illegal and gives money to people who support child labor, use it for drug trafficking, amongst other things. Nothing compares to having real Gucci and no knock-off will ever be able to compete with the real thing and the prestige that comes from owning it.