Project Runway is back and better than ever. I was on pins and needles waiting for Project Runway to return and I have to say I am very impressed by season six of this fashionable television institution. Yes, I know that there are only six contestants left; however I believe now is the best time to give my predictions for the final three and the winner of season six of Project Runway. But, first, allow me to give a rundown of some of the highlights and the lowlights of this season so far.
* Christopher’s red carpet dress: Christopher showed an eye for color when he designed an edgy and elegant black and chocolate milkshake brown dress in the premiere episode of season six of Project Runway called Welcome to Los Angeles. I am not usually a fan of mixing black and brown together; however I would wear the dress on the red carpet or while cleaning the carpet.
* Tim’s speech after Johnny’s elimination: Tim Gunn is the classiest man. He was even classy the way he talked about Johnny after Johnny had been eliminated. Johnny had a bunch of excuses for his newspaper dress looking like trash, including steam from an iron ruining his first creation to Tim ordering him to create something else after Tim said that the dress looked liked birds had attacked it. Face it Johnny, the dress was ugly period, Neither Tim nor a faulty iron had anything to do with that fashion nightmare of a dress. Yes, Tim got angry, but, he did it with such style and grace that I wanted to applaud. Way to go Tim.
* Irena’s newspaper trench coat: This newspaper trench coat was super chic and talk about innovation; this trench coat had it in spades. This was one time the words newspaper and fashion belonged together. It is too bad that this newspaper trench coat can’t be worn on a rainy day.
*The pregnancy challenge: The pregnancy challenge was wonderful because it illustrated that woman can look classy elegant, and sexy while pregnant. Let’s hear it for the color red.
*Nicolas’ ice queen costume: This design was created for a fantasy movie. It made the viewer want to be that ice queen and it was a memorable costume. In this instance, Nicolas’ love of white paid off. The fantasy ice queen design made me feel cold and sexy at the same time.
* Mitchell: This designer was a train wreck from the fist episode of season six of Project Runway. I couldn’t believe that he let his model walk down the runway in a sheer dress; she almost would have looked better naked. Also, his idea of leader is handing all the work over to someone else and hoping to make it to the next challenge. I am glad that the judges saw through Mitchell’s plan.
* Nicolas’ Greece inspired outfit: I know that Nicholas had never been to Greece. I have never been to Greece either; however I could have designed a better outfit. I would have created a blue and white flowing dress. I think that he thought he was designing a mechanic’s inspired outfit instead of an outfit inspired by the birthplace of the Olympics.
* The Macy’s challenge: I was excited when the designers were told to use the color blue to design a look that could be sold at Macy’s. The whole challenge left me blue, but not in a good way.
* Epperson’s Oktoberfest dress: This was the dress that kept on coming. I love black and white fashions; however, this dress was a black and white nightmare. It could be worn when yodeling in the Alps.
* Ari’s silver patch dress: Where was the model going, outer space?
The last six designers are talented and it will be hard to choose the final three and the winner of this season of Project Runway. However, here are my predictions. I think that the top three will be Carol Hannah, Althea, and Christopher. The reason is because both Carol Hannah and Althea have created great designs throughout the competition and Christopher will make the final three because he is a good designer and I think he will make a comeback. In addition, each season of Project Runway has a designer that goes to Bryant Park for Fashion Week that is an underdog. Season 6 of Project Runway is a runaway success; I can’t wait to see who’s in and who is out. Long live Project Runway. Source: Project Runway 8/20-10/15