What does a girl wear for Halloween? Halloween is the time of the year that a woman can be whoever she wants to be, even if it is just for one day. Halloween is the time to bring out your inner girly girl just like the ladies in Hollywood. If you ever wanted to look like a glamour girl but can’t pull it off in your daily life, then Halloween is the day for you to prowl and howl. Make this Halloween special.
Have you ever wanted to try some of the hair extensions and the flare fake eyelashes but just knew you couldn’t pull it off? Using make up for glamour instead of just covering up the little cracks and blemishes beckons me when I see the models on the cat walk. I would love to live for a day with lengthened hair, gobs of make up, and nails that need to be registered as weapons. I can hear the family now as I walk out of the bathroom looking that way. Once you put all this together where could you actually go without people thinking you flipped? No where.
There is one day a year that you can wear total glamour and walk around proud in the name of adult dress up – Halloween! Grab the stilettos, makeup, and nails and let’s get started.
On Halloween you can go to work looking any way you like in the name of this day. I actually spent a fantasy day in my bathrobe and Pajamas at work one Halloween day. It was the most comfortable day I ever had and everyone loved it. People came in as doctors with their masks, hata and stethoscopes and construction workers with hard hats and belts. I just got out of bed and rolled right in.
I have one more Halloween left before I get too old where dressing up would do nothing but accentuate my antique parts. OK ladies, lets get together our inner model s and get to work.
First make a trip to Good Will or Salvation Army. Tag sales and consignment shops will work well too. You still have plenty of time to shop around, so make sure you get the perfect attire for the inner player in you.
Shoes, high ones, nose bleed section shoes are what we are looking for. Find those heals you always wanted to try. Next we want semi sleazy clothes. I do not care how large you are, you can accentuate your breasts with a tight little number of a shirt. A tight sleeveless T shirt with a large men’s collared shirt over it and tied at the waist is a good look. You can then have the shirt pulled down at the top exposing your shoulders. You can get a pair of tight stretch pants, the legging type. The ones that are ight all the way down to your ankles. If you want to show leg, just pick up a stretch black mini skirt.
You can also do the red carpet look and pick up a beautiful evening gown. Finish it off with a shawl to drape over this look will work great. The second hand stores and consignment shops are filled with gowns from proms and from bridesmaids and they have usually only been worn once. You can also asks friends to borrow a gown that they might have just sitting in a closet from being in a wedding party.
Next we need jewels. It is on to the dollar store to get these. You want to get the biggest hoops you can find. The kind that is so big, a parrot could mistake them for a perch. You also want to get Aqua Net hair spray at this store too. You can put this spray on anything and it won’t move and you will need this for your glamour hair. Make up is another item that you should buy here. You are only wearing it for one day so why spend any more than you have to. You want to pick up a thick foundation, black eyeliner, flare false eyelashes, a dark color eye shadow and a stick of red lipstick. Oh – don’t forget the fake nails and red red red nail polish!
Hair extensions you can get at a beauty supply store or drug store. You choice for hair can be hair extensions, hair piece, or wig. This is all depending on the style you are going for. If you have long hair already, pick up the extensions anyway, but use a different color. You can get these at most drug stores too. Remember you want to look totally different. For Halloween you are going to look like a cross between a model and a Hollywood doll.
Here are some tips for getting dressed on Halloween day.
- *Put your outfit together and use bangles, belts, and even scarves to hang off your arms and waist. Use what ever you have around the house, the flashier the better.
- *If you have long hair put it up on top of your head with an elastic band the night before and sleep on it this way. This will add extra body to the puffy big hair you will be sporting.
- *Put your make up on heavy, but still look good. The eye shadow should go all the way to your brow. Darker on the lid and lighter toward the brow is the technique you should be using here.
- *Use the lipstick for both lips and then rub it in lightly on your checks and across the nose for that sun burn effect.
- *Your hair will need to be puffy. You can first tease your hair before putting on the extensions or hair piece. To do this hold a hand full of hair straight up and brush fast strokes the opposite way than you usually do. Brush your hair towards the scalp until you have almost made a knot in it. The trick is to just rough it up a bit with out producing snarls. Spray your hair and let dry each time you do a section and then move on to the next. When you are done, lightly smooth the top hair over the messy teased hair so it looks smooth on the surface. Now you have big hair to add your hair piece or extensions to.
- *Put your nails on the night before and paint them.
Ladies, you are ready for Halloween the day you present the sexy fantisy you to the world.