If you want to decrease wrinkles and have vibrant looking skin – drink your antioxidant rich teas and choose foods rich in natural antioxidants: fruits, vegetables* and whole grains. Vitamins A, C and E contain antioxidants that decrease wrinkles and hide signs of aging.
– Vitamin A: carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, cantaloupe and peaches.
– Vitamin C: oranges, lime, other citrus fruits, green vegetables, tomatoes and strawberries.
– Vitamin E: your whole grains, nuts, green vegetables and vegetable oil.
*Easy way to remember which fruits/veggies are high in vitamin antioxidants: Bright is right to decrease wrinkles!
Home Remedy Facials – Brush on or apply with cotton ball. Leave mask on for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water and pat dry. All of the following home remedy facials help to prevent wrinkles and will leave your skin with a natural glow.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Be careful around the eyes! Vinegar is great for very oily skins types.
– Exfoliate, kills bacteria, and normalizes the skin’s pH.
– Mix with lemon juice, honey (regenerative, moisturizing properties) OR a peach (moisturizes, tightens to fight wrinkles)
– Perfect home remedy for exfoliating. Try it, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
– Fades blemishes.
– Helps tighten and firm loose skin to reduce wrinkles. Apply under the eyes or anywhere you are concerned about wrinkles.
– Egg white blended with a peach is a great facial mask. You can feel it drying and will notice results immediately.
– Tighten, firm, reduce redness
– Kym Douglas shares her Pepto-Bismol facial on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Ellen applies it on Kym.
Simple Tips to Prevent Wrinkles
Of course, we all know smoking and drinking is bad for us. They also both cause wrinkles (by decreasing blood flow) and accelerate the aging process. Avoid these activities and exercise instead. This will increase circulation and metabolism.
Antioxidants not only help decrease wrinkles, they also offer protection from sun damage that might lead to skin cancer. Protect yourself from harmful sun rays – Use Sun block with SPF 15 or SPF 30 waterproof, a sun hat, and sunglasses (reduce squinting wrinkles).
Don’t wash face with hot water. Use lukewarm water instead! Afterward, use your blackhead remover and wash face off again.
Before bed , wash face and apply a moisturizer suited to your skin type.
To exfoliate, use microfiber cloths and micro-bead facial scrubs.