I like receiving, as well as shopping for Christmas gourmet gift baskets. I think a gift basket makes an ideal gift for almost anyone on your gift list. There a few things to keep in mind when selecting that perfect holiday gourmet gift basket. I will pass along a few tips that I find helpful when I’m about to make a Christmas gift basket purchase.
1. Lifestyle-Is the individual your shopping for very health conscious? Consider an organic gourmet holiday gift basket.
2. Gender-Some gourmet Christmas gift baskets can be specifically designed for the gentlemen or lady in your life.
3. Family-Will the Christmas gift basket be for a family with children in the household, or just adults.
4. Wine connoisseur-With the popularity of wines today, an excellent gourmet Christmas gift basket could include some wine and snacks to accompany it.
5.Price-Christmas gourmet gift baskets come in a wide range of prices of course. Deciding what you’re willing to spend will make that final decision somewhat easier.
I have come up a selection of some specialty gourmet Christmas gift baskets that I feel the recipients would love to receive and I would also feel proud to give.
1. Driedel Gift Box-This gift basket from the famous Harry & David’s is a kosher collection of fruit, nuts and candies including “Gelt Coins”. Also with the gourmet treats comes a wooden Driedel with game rules. This innovative gift idea caught my eye because it was somewhat different then the ordinary holiday gift basket.
2. Gourmet Sleigh-This top of the line Tower of Treats, also from Harry & David, arrives in a keepsake centerpiece sleigh which can be used by the recipient from year to year. It’s loaded with fruit and gourmet snacks. It’s a Harry & David exclusive. I liked the presentation idea of this basket. This would be ideal for a family gift basket.
3. Organic Fruit Basket-This gourmet Christmas basket contains 16 pieces of 5 different organic fruits. It makes an ideal holiday gift basket for the health conscious individual on your gift list. I like it because of the variety of the organic fruit included. It’s available through Cherry Moon Farms.
4. Gourmet Choice Gift Basket-This assortment of gourmet goodies comes from Wine Country Baskets. A few of the treats in this Christmas gourmet basket are Baptista’s mozzarella cheese swirls, Ghiradeli dark chocolate drops, Portlock smoked salmon and Napa Valley Mustard Co. Olives. It’s an elegant collection of Wine Country favorites, which is why I picked it. Any lover of elegant gourmet snacks will enjoy this one.
5. Ultimate Gourmet Picnic Hamper-A handy picnic basket is the packaging for this gourmet holiday basket from QVC. It’s loaded with a tasteful assortment of scrumptious treats including smoked almonds, Carmel corn nuggets and peanut butter filled pretzels, just to name a few. I liked the idea of this gourmet basket mainly because of the picnic basket concept. It’s really two gifts in one, I think.
6. Seasonal Splendor-Also from QVC, this 2 bottle gourmet Christmas gift basket makes an ideal gift for the wine connoisseur. It contains a bottle of merlot and a bottle of chardonnay wine along with cheeses, chocolates and other treats to enjoy with your glass of wine. A favorite of mine, because I love a glass of good wine on occasion.
There are a number of websites including the ones I used here where you can find very nice selections of gourmet holiday gift baskets. Some of the local stores in your community also have gourmet baskets available for your holiday gift giving.
Sources: Harry & David.com
Cherry Moon Farms.com
Wine Country Baskets.com